Music

C

chris lowe

My son and his mates went up to Manchester last year to see Gogol Bordello. I'd not heard of them at the time but liked what I listened to.
Absolutely brilliant live, as long as you don't get too close to the stage, then you're likely to get covered in red wine. Live at Axis Mundi on you tube is good for live songs

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
Thrash Metal, Jazz, Country and all points in between

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
time for an update
went to see this bloke in bideford , devon last friday
best guitarist i have seen in years-- electrifying , tremendous !!

link to youtube here

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I like loads of stuff from eighty years ago to yesterday maybe even tomorrow.
I love music.
I love music that much I don't have a telly.
There's a big slimline flat modern thing in the house for my wife and visiting kids and grandchildren but not for me.
I love music that much I even play about trying to make my own as can be seen in my signature link.
Just lately I've been listening to this guy ....

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Metal/Rock?Punk. Maybe a little "cross over" stuff..?

As long as it's a good tune that don't stand still.! :cool:

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Hugh Laurie sings plays piano plays guitar is a stand up comedian top actor writer and seems to be thought of as a genuinely humble guy.
How can one man have so much talent?
Jealous ... me ... you bet!

ichael1960

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Incompetence - Rude and Obnoxious People - Radishes - Mussels
I enjoy most genre of music, but if I had to choose just one then it would be country music.

Shane72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
MUSE, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Scissor Sisters, Old school rap, 80s house, Radiohead, Classical, The Streets, Underworld...I could go on lol

I pretty much will listen to any music, except Disney..

Oh, I forgot Blind Melon :(

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you research your music, most of the dance comes from 60s music, trance comes from the flower movement or psychedelic era.

Disco music from the States or Nortern soul is what the beat and rhythm for all dance trends.
A lot of modern chartvtoppers are covers from the 60s, 70's!
True
However one thing forgotten
Most of the tec to make the 90s great happend in the .... God am I going to say this - the 80s ... I feel physical ill.....
But they now term
It as EDM... Total pants
But some of the first tec did show up in 60s and 70s- but it was the age of the digital pc that change it all really ... And it dose have a sad side .... Sound should be in waves to be hear in true form by vibration .... But this is slowly going to pc made sound - so not wavy sounds waves but block formed sound waves .... Not made by vibration.... So to speak

Don't get me wrong .... I love near all music
County and western is jut the work of the devil lol

But like All music...it should tell a story of it origins ....and music over time will still tell and show the input from ages gone
Look at how the 1920s flavours are in dance at mo - a direct result of strictly ?!!! Poss

I think we can all agree on one thing about music......
Hairs stand up heart jumps ....when the sounds hits you and it's a sound that grabs you

That's why we all love music

I have a mad little theory

If you know of String theory - it basically says that beyond the atomic level of evey cell in the universe - vibrates in a certain frequency.....
If this is so- we all vibrate at a difrent level
That's why we feel more from one form of music than an other
Coz of the way the sound wave vibrates with ur cells

Ok - Yer am NUTTS but a thought to why we all love some things more than others eh

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Fewer and fewer people listen to music through speakers .... proper body vibration even when on low.
Headphones are fine but these ear buds are depriving the listener plus MP3 is the lowest standard of sound ever delivered.
MP3 is of course very handy and more portable than anything before it.
You probably know I'm into electronic/computer music creation .... some might not think it very musical but I find it great fun and very absorbing .... lost in a set of headphones.
The track I've just created but as usual not quite finished has a huge deep saw wave running through the latter part of it for two reasons.
One is to give the atmosphere of a motorbike engine.
I cold have used a motorbike engine but that's not what I wanted I wanted an impression an interpretation.
Two is to give the vibration and feel of the scene.
I haven't listened to my own stuff on speakers yet as I'm having to be quietish.
What I create on headphones doesn't always translate well over to speakers.

Reactions: 4 people

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fewer and fewer people listen to music through speakers .... proper body vibration even when on low.
Headphones are fine but these ear buds are depriving the listener plus MP3 is the lowest standard of sound ever delivered.
You probably know I'm into electronic/computer music creation .... some might not think it very musical but I find it great fun and very absorbing .... lost in a set of headphones.
The track I've just created but as usual not quite finished has a huge deep saw wave running through the latter part of it for two reasons.
I cold have used a motorbike engine but that's not what I wanted I wanted an impression an interpretation.
I haven't listened to my own stuff on speakers yet as I'm having to be quietish.
Interesting - we both have a foot on both sides of the sounds
Do u have it up online - a sample of what u have
I have a fab sound set up with some of best speakers on market
So - would love to hear

If it sits in a type of music at a bpm I can mix to - then would love to play on air

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Interesting - we both have a foot on both sides of the sounds
Do u have it up online - a sample of what u have
I have a fab sound set up with some of best speakers on market
So - would love to hear

If it sits in a type of music at a bpm I can mix to - then would love to play on air
The link is in my signature

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

https://www.mixcloud.com/jonnyjibbs...d-by-deejayjonnyjibbs-the-evolution-of-house/
One of my shows
Would u be ok with it on air
Do interviews and all

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
True
However one thing forgotten
Most of the tec to make the 90s great happend in the .... God am I going to say this - the 80s ... I feel physical ill.....
But they now term
It as EDM... Total pants
But some of the first tec did show up in 60s and 70s- but it was the age of the digital pc that change it all really ... And it dose have a sad side .... Sound should be in waves to be hear in true form by vibration ..

I can remember some American bands, as when funk was in its infancy, that a lot of the sound was what would be termed techno!
Also the techno (European style) was definitively around early seventies, as a lot of keyboard was used to synthesize.
Also I can remember woofahs and waa-wahs for guitars, as the electric guitar and other electronic instruments were introduced.

It's a bit of a haze, my memories of the early seventies experimentation in the basic pop music sound.
Even the Beatles sound dramatically changed around the sgt pepper album based around the sitar.