Here comes Summer let's stay active.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Off to do my 5 min plank and then sort something to eat...
My pedometer tells me that my 30 min walk at lunchtime, 3500 steps, is 1/3 of the steps I do in 24 hours... not that I do too many in my sleep.... not now anyway.

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
It's a baby wild boar, I've got a video of it scratching itself, if I can work out how to upload it I will.
The tiny mouse was toooo cute.

Today I walked 3 miles , not far but better than nothing .

Reactions: 6 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Too hot to do anything during the day! I'm sweating just sitting at my desk - surely it counts? ;) Or fanning myself with a piece of paper, or drinking water every few minutes!

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if this will get moderated out.... but here goes.
I got up at 05:55 and it was then a really beautiful morning... threw open front room window.... and normally I sleep in a night shirt and put underpants for going around making breakfast and things... including a 5 minute plank.
This morning, no underpants to hand.
So it was such a lovely morning, decided to do plank in the buff as the night shirt would get a bit cozy... and it was one of the easiest planks I've done. Fortunately the rest of the house was still fast asleep..
I won't, dear Reader, discuss swimming in the sea, enough to say I won't be taking up rambling in Fife as the Polis take a dim view of round here.
End.

Reactions: 9 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not sure if this will get moderated out.... but here goes.
I got up at 05:55 and it was then a really beautiful morning... threw open front room window.... and normally I sleep in a night shirt and put underpants for going around making breakfast and things... including a 5 minute plank.
This morning, no underpants to hand.
So it was such a lovely morning, decided to do plank in the buff as the night shirt would get a bit cozy... and it was one of the easiest planks I've done. Fortunately the rest of the house was still fast asleep..
I won't, dear Reader, discuss swimming in the sea, enough to say I won't be taking up rambling in Fife as the Polis take a dim view of round here.
End.
planking.jpg
Lol! Strip planking - feeling free as a bird. I love it!

Reactions: 5 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well, I made it!
Barcelona to Bilbao on a bike (well, all but about 90km of it that I wimped out of over the course of five days) - so around 600km in the saddle! Really pleased I managed so much and it just demonstrates to me and hopefully to others how much 'punishment' your body will take and how much your body will actually thank you for it!
I might have been a bit sore, but over the week I saw my heart rate come down for the same amount of work, my legs became stronger and I gained so much more confidence in what I was physically capable of. The group I was riding with all had T1D and all saw amazing improvements in insulin sensitivity over the five days. At the same time we got to see some of the most stunning scenery Spain has to offer!
Here are a couple of snaps taken along the way - with dorky old me!
Cycling Barc-Bilb.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Haha Hankjam that made me laugh.
Bebo that's a great achievement . Couldn't have been easy.
Larissima I know what you mean , have to say it really has been to hot to be very active , I've wimped out a bit and just had a couple of strolls.

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Off to do my 5 min plank and then sort something to eat...
My pedometer tells me that my 30 min walk at lunchtime, 3500 steps, is 1/3 of the steps I do in 24 hours... not that I do too many in my sleep.... not now anyway.
Five minute plank? That's impressive!

Just 20-30 minute daily walks for me at the moment - foot's a bit sore so it's padded up a bit, and I'm not tempting fate by using the rower until it's recovered.

frankman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This week was diagnosed with prostate cancer - another bundle of laughs to contend with!

My wife and I went to Newgale beach for a walk of about 40 minutes, which was just enough for me. I shall try to do more walking, whether I feel like it or not. I have to keep active I believe, or the hormone therapy tablets, I've just started taking, may stop me in my tracks.

So after supper, I gave my wife the car keys and let's go!

Frank.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Sorry to hear that @frankman (I read your post elsewhere). Best wishes in fighting it and let us know how it's going.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This week was diagnosed with prostate cancer - another bundle of laughs to contend with!

My wife and I went to Newgale beach for a walk of about 40 minutes, which was just enough for me. I shall try to do more walking, whether I feel like it or not. I have to keep active I believe, or the hormone therapy tablets, I've just started taking, may stop me in my tracks.

Frank.

Sorry to hear your news @frankman.
Wishing you well and thinking of you at Newgale beach - a bit of a blast from the past for me, as we used to camp there over the summer when I was a kid. Hopefully the stunning scenery will help keep your spirits up. Bx

frankman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Bebo321, thanks for your kind comments.

I wonder if it's possible that I probably served you at the checkout, or at the ice cream machine?

We had a busy Spar store there for 16 busy summers!

Frank.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Frank.
@frankman News is a scunner, good luck with all things.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging

Frank.
Hello frankman,sorry to hear about your prostate troubles, i myself underwent a biopsy for prostate cancer ...i was very happy when they told me it was benign, whilst waiting spoke with several guys who had just undergone various surgeries for prostate cancer one guy had had a resection and he was told he'd be ok for a few years yet! What are the long term prospects for the treatment your having, sending you big ( man) (((((hug)))))

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Sanguine , hope your foots better soon, you are right to rest it .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Frank.
Oh sorry to read that Frank , hope you are ok. Must have been a shock .
Just do what you can and be kind to yourself.
Give your wife a cuddle too .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
35minutes on numb bum ,