Something to keep sets on for longer?

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I enjoy going swimming often and so would like something to apply before putting a set on to keep it stuck in place better. I have tried skin tac as a test but it has brought me out in a rash so I figure that's no good. Is there anything else I could try?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
are you swimming daily and if so what condition does the adhesive get into..........?

i shower daily and my medtronic quick set fairs well, I realise being submerged is completely different.......:)

it really does stick down hard though normally, so I think if it were me, I would be trying to organise my swimming visits around the performance of the adhesive......

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could you try a waterproof tape for the period you are swimming and then take it off @Nicola M ?

I've been swimming a few times since I got my pump, however when I was on holiday and swimming a few times on one set I could see a difference in it not really sticking quite so well.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@novorapidboi26 I usually swim everyday and so by day 2 the set is peeling significantly. The skin tac helped but it just gives me an awful rash

@dtennant9 I'll give that a go, thanks for the suggestion !

Reactions: 2 people