Accu chek aviva expert help please!

Amrit1712

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been given an accu chek aviva expert now as I've started carb counting. All is good but does anyone know how you transfer the data onto a computer? It only has an infra red transmitter and Roche have stopped selling the smart pix device infra red reader. Will any USB connectes infra red receiver which I plug into my computer work instead?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The new meters use USB. For my Animas pump and older Roche meters I have a USB to IR cable. I got one from Diasend and one from Animas but I believe the ultimate manufacturer of both is Actisys. It's called the Actisys Computer Link.

Amrit1712

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The new meters use USB. For my Animas pump and older Roche meters I have a USB to IR cable. I got one from Diasend and one from Animas but I believe the ultimate manufacturer of both is Actisys. It's called the Actisys Computer Link.

Thanks spiker, I have looked online and thing I've found some, quite hard to get hold of!

JohnRyan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have a accu chek infrared reciever which connects to the USB Port, it was meant to be used with the compass 360 software. you are welcome to it if you haven't been able to find one.

Reactions: 2 people

Amrit1712

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have a accu chek infrared reciever which connects to the USB Port, it was meant to be used with the compass 360 software. you are welcome to it if you haven't been able to find one.

Thanks for the offer but I've managed to find one as someone has already offered me one. They've been stopped by Roche now I think and are difficult to find online!!!

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
I know I'm a bit late lol, but if by any chance this is still going, please PM me.
Tom :)