Off the cuff Fat Fast

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola

Our man down under (who's actually a woman) has twisted my arm into starting a fat fast today! Not fully prepared but hey ho here we go (there won't be a great deal on the shopping list as this is a calorie controlled (1000 ish cals) high fat (90%) short (3 to 5 days) technique (for want of a better word).

It can be seen as a weight loss diet for those on a plateaux or a way of getting into deep ketosis for sports or fat burning. It could be classed a low carb or even low cal diet. So rather than opting to post this thread in on one of those threads I have posted it here because it incorporates all the above and I'm T2 so it makes sense to me.

There will be joy, there will be sadness and there certainly will be boredom. But by following this thread - look at it as something that may well help you get to sleep.

I am not advocating that anyone follows what I do here - if it sounds right for you please research Fat Fasting to see if it would/wouldn't be a useful tool for you.

Ding Ding. ROUND 1.........................

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch

1 bulletproof coffee at 235 cals 1 tbs butter 1 tbs coconut oil.

Starting weight (from this morning) 15 stone 6 llbs
Blood sugars 1pm 7.7
Blood ketones 1pm 0.3.

Reactions: 2 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola

Our man down under (who's actually a woman) has twisted my arm into starting a fat fast today! Not fully prepared but hey ho here we go (there won't be a great deal on the shopping list as this is a calorie controlled (1000 ish cals) high fat (90%) short (3 to 5 days) technique (for want of a better word).

It can be seen as a weight loss diet for those on a plateaux or a way of getting into deep ketosis for sports or fat burning. It could be classed a low carb or even low cal diet. So rather than opting to post this thread in on one of those threads I have posted it here because it incorporates all the above and I'm T2 so it makes sense to me.

There will be joy, there will be sadness and there certainly will be boredom. But by following this thread - look at it as something that may well help you get to sleep.

I am not advocating that anyone follows what I do here - if it sounds right for you please research Fat Fasting to see if it would/wouldn't be a useful tool for you.

Ding Ding. ROUND 1.........................
I wish you good.
I did have some trouble getting my head round the title line as it sounds like a Fat Glut to me... and then I thought about it.... 1000 cals is a bit of a Fast and there's no mistaking it's Fat..... 90%...

Stands back to watch with interest.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
I'll be keeping my beadies on you Baruney and I wish you well. :)

Reactions: 8 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Guys much appreciated.

It's been a very busy day and have to head off to London in a bit.

Food wise had another bulletproof coffee in the arvo. Nothing else but not by design but default.

2.5 mile brisk walk with the dog at 6pm and Doubles Racketball at 7pm. Going to get some eggs and salad for supper now.

Reactions: 6 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20150706_211459.jpg

Supper. Clever leaf position and wafer thin ham makes this dish look massive. Full fat cream cheese and mayo helped me hit the 90% fat ratio for the day.

Haven't inputted complete day to mfp yet so will do that before turning in. Cup of bovril is the new glass of wine.

Reactions: 13 people

Merrylizard1314

Bonjour , I thought I'd already posted here, but maybe I pressed the wrong key, I do that sometimes, must be something to do with being upside down all the time!

So, starting weight 65.2kg ketones 1.7
FBGL4.4

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled with cream and butter.
Water to drink
At 10am, I will have cinnamon and orange tea. Haven't tried putting anything in it yet, but might try coconut oil and report back.

Reactions: 11 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Screenshots_2015-07-07-00-03-00.png

Got the macros right on the 1st day. Didn't have enough calories though. Going for the full thousand tomorrow. Under budget not intended just the way things worked out.

Reactions: 12 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good luck to you both, will be very interesting to see your ketone levels each day. [ from "our man" in the middle east ]

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
View attachment 13924

Supper. Clever leaf position and wafer thin ham makes this dish look massive. Full fat cream cheese and mayo helped me hit the 90% fat ratio for the day.

Haven't inputted complete day to mfp yet so will do that before turning in. Cup of bovril is the new glass of wine.

Great picture of the food presentation, Baruney .

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 13924

Liking the look of em eggs... just right.

Reactions: 10 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Good luck @Baruney (and @Merrylizard1314,)

This sounds like a very interesting project. I wish you good health & best wishes. X

Reactions: 10 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Done the fat fast before, and still no weight loss!!!!

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Will be watching with interest is there a dairy free way without coconut and nut oil?

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will be watching with interest is there a dairy free way without coconut and nut oil?
I'll have a look into it but first thoughts I doubt it. To get the % right with so few cals is the hardest part. It is easier the higher cals you go but Friends of the ff are butter, sour cream, coconut oil, cream cheese.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll have a look into it but first thoughts I doubt it. To get the % right with so few cals is the hardest part. It is easier the higher cals you go but Friends of the ff are butter, sour cream, coconut oil, cream cheese.
Thanks Baruney I know I can get dairy free cream cheese and am OK with a bit of goats cheese, can also eat sheep's cheese. Will have a look on internet later

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

Fasting bloods 6.5. Blood ketones 0.6.

B's up don't know why. Could be stress as up with the outlaws in London next 2 days and was looking forward to BP coffee but forgot cafetiere. Luckily there's a poncy coffee shop every 50 meters round here so will pop out in a minute and see what the Cockley are up to.

On the plus side entered light optimum ketosis (VOLEK & phinney).

Pics not uploading on the mobile. Will use the laptop later.