Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 fasting this morning. Cooler night, so sleeping better, thankfully. Wish I wasn't feeling so low however. Struggling. It's a pain in the butt. Anyway, at the risk of sounding dumb...what exactly is a fat fast, & why do it? I'm curious, but wish Baruney & MerryLizzard well with their project.

View attachment 13926
Like McLachlan, good stuff, thanks.

Reactions: 9 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 for me this morning. Seem to be getting quite a few sub 5 readings now, even though I'm no longer on LCHF (I had 200g carbs yesterday)

Reactions: 28 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Moaning everyone...
"Beautiful", "sunny" (=despicable) Brumm...
Mood: meh... (caused by sh*tty weather), otherwise fairly happy bunny...
FBG 5.6 after a veeeeeeeeery late bowl of blueberries, Cornish clotted cream and Turkish yogurt, yummy.
Three days off, yay;-)
Gru (aka Moshe)

Reactions: 26 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.6 this morning looks a bit cloudy. Going to church knitting group and will be remembering the victims and those involved in the London Bombings 10 years ago the nursery I worked in lost two parents and we lost someone at church. Two of my friends were also involved thank God they are OK and still with us.

Reactions: 28 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.0 mmol / L this morning.
6.1 mmol / L at bed time.

Pleased with that all things considered - especially as I'm normally on the crest of my Dawn Phenomenon at the time I tested this morning!

Reactions: 24 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all :)

5.5 this morning :)

Probably that Apple Pie I had yesterday but still happy with the level :)

Reactions: 27 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @phil1966 how were the 200g carbs delivered, that really is an impressive amount and good to see it had little effect on amBG

Reactions: 10 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting BG reading of 6.5 this morning after a 5.9 one last night at bedtime.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 fasting this morning. Cooler night, so sleeping better, thankfully. Wish I wasn't feeling so low however. Struggling. It's a pain in the butt. Anyway, at the risk of sounding dumb...what exactly is a fat fast, & why do it? I'm curious, but wish Baruney & MerryLizzard well with their project.

View attachment 13926
Hola @Alisonjane10

A fat fast is an excuse to not do any washing up for 3 to 5 days. Brief introduction on the thread. Background research on the Web with grandaddy LCHF, Atkins modernised by Carpender or jimmy Moore and others. There's even a ff cookbook. LOL.

Reactions: 12 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6.5 fasting. Blood ketones 0.6. B's high don't know why. Very little sleep. Was working in London 7/7 all those years ago. The silence in the aftermath was deafening.

Status
Not open for further replies.