Off the cuff Fat Fast

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
14362567623521937224030.jpg

Room with a view.10 years ago that monstrosity wasn't there. Breakfast so far 2 cups of instant coffee (nicked grandad outlaw's coffee mug. Like I says this was off the cuff.

Reactions: 8 people

Merrylizard1314

Don't know how to transfer pictures of food,yet.
I had my first bulletproof coffee at lunchtime and found it more palatable than I expected. I will definitely have it again.
Afterwards I was not hungry, so had a couple of what I call 'pecan sandwiches' which is just a scrape of butter holding together two pecan halves.
Around 4pm, 60g smoked salmon and 25g cream cheese wrapped in 2 lettuce leaves sprinkled with macadamia oil

1 large strawberry, sliced, with 1heaped tablespoon of double cream

I have a small bowl containing 35g of macadamia and pecans in case I feel hungry during the tennis.
So far, so good.

Reactions: 10 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Baruney I know I can get dairy free cream cheese and am OK with a bit of goats cheese, can also eat sheep's cheese. Will have a look on internet later
Advocado, macadamia nuts (highest fat content of the nut family). Leafy veg, can you do eggs?

Olive oil Def.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't know how to transfer pictures of food,yet.
I had my first bulletproof coffee at lunchtime and found it more palatable than I expected. I will definitely have it again.
Afterwards I was not hungry, so had a couple of what I call 'pecan sandwiches' which is just a scrape of butter holding together two pecan halves.
Around 4pm, 60g smoked salmon and 25g cream cheese wrapped in 2 lettuce leaves sprinkled with macadamia oil

1 large strawberry, sliced, with 1heaped tablespoon of double cream

I have a small bowl containing 35g of macadamia and pecans in case I feel hungry during the tennis.
So far, so good.
Love the pecan sandwiches. It being the tennis at the mo and all what what what I shall feast on cucumber, cream cheese and smoked salmon sarnies.

Thumbs up on the bullet proof coffee it gets even better when you can put 2 tablespoons of both in.

Side wager. Give @nomistheman 5 minutes to comment on how to brew proper bpc.

Reactions: 6 people

Merrylizard1314

Just put the day into MFP and found carbs 2percent, fat 83 percent and protein 15 percent. Needs a bit of tweaking, should do better tomorrow.
I am in a part of the house which entails a long walk if I want to eat any of my nut portion - a way of guarding against mindless eating. And I don't like to eat much after 4pm now. Jason Fung has a lot to answer for!
You seem to have lost your wager with @nomistheman.
I just grind the coffee beans, heat gently, add water , heat until almost about to boil. Let it stand, filter, add the oils, give it a blitz with the Bamix, heat gently if necessary, and that is it.
Have no idea if this is actually how it is done, but it works for me.
Drinking plenty of water.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just put the day into MFP and found carbs 2percent, fat 83 percent and protein 15 percent. Needs a bit of tweaking, should do better tomorrow.
I am in a part of the house which entails a long walk if I want to eat any of my nut portion - a way of guarding against mindless eating. And I don't like to eat much after 4pm now. Jason Fung has a lot to answer for!
You seem to have lost your wager with @nomistheman.
I just grind the coffee beans, heat gently, add water , heat until almost about to boil. Let it stand, filter, add the oils, give it a blitz with the Bamix, heat gently if necessary, and that is it.
Have no idea if this is actually how it is done, but it works for me.
Drinking plenty of water.
20150707_111521.jpg

Sounds good to me.

Brunch done. AUSSIE Style.

Nom must have gaffer taped his fingers to the desk.

Plenty of water going in and out! Apologies in advance.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20150707_135216.jpg

Corporate bad boys and Warren buffet's least favourite investment Tesco s came up trumps for lunch. Will mfp it later but third of a bag of the old mac nuts plus far too much coffee saw me through the day.

'Lunch' outside the bank of England.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20150707_164825.jpg

Crafty Cockneys Fat Fast Tip no.1.

Head down to Neals Yard at Borough market for free meals. Tasted all their cheddar before opting for a hafod. Yum. £5.80 mind you for that sliver in the photo.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20150707_221202.jpg

Inspired by our man down under's pecan sandwich may I present to you my nod to Wimbledon. The FF cucumber sandwich.

Think I may have overdone it on the protein today. Will mfp it later but have to go and lie down after those 6 sarnies. Stuffed!

Merrylizard1314

Cucumber sandwiches, good idea, just leave off the top layer and they would look quite Norwegian.

I don't know about you, @Baruney, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Lunch at the Bank of England - what can be next?
This morning I was surprised to see my BGL was raised slightly, at 4.9. I will have to buy some more ketone strips today.

Wish I knew how to put pictures in.

I might try cream cheese instead of butter in the pecan sandwiches. Could be good.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Cucumber sandwiches, good idea, just leave off the top layer and they would look quite Norwegian.

I don't know about you, @Baruney, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Lunch at the Bank of England - what can be next?
This morning I was surprised to see my BGL was raised slightly, at 4.9. I will have to buy some more ketone strips today.

I might try cream cheese instead of butter in the pecan sandwiches. Could be good.
Hi Merrylizard hope the legs are OK. I go to the menu top right hand of my screen its 3 dots in parallel and click on attach picture, find the picture I want, click attach and up it comes here's one I found on the internet.

Attachments

• 1436332950348.jpg
    1436332950348.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: 2 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Liz was in yesterday and was going to pop in but decided to carry on with my run as getting late.

Are you on an app or a pc and ios or windows. There's different ways of pasting pics.

Was going to have them open but as a de to Wimbledon it just wouldn't be cricket.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Merrylizard hope the legs are OK. I go to the menu top right hand of my screen its 3 dots in parallel and click on attach picture, find the picture I want, click attach and up it comes here's one I found on the internet.
Hi @loulou99782

Don't know if you know of the dietdoctor but if you google that plus vegetarian there a couple of articles there though more general than ff specific.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you nomistheman bating? ;)

Been far too busy - sorry!

There are so many ways to brew coffee and pretty much all are good in my opinion. :)

When it comes to Bulletproof coffee, for me it's important to avoid the coconut oil in favour of MCT oil. I always find it places me in mild ketosis 2 hours post prandial and I'm always in ketosis 3 hours post prandial - ketones 1.0 mmol / L at the very least!
You see @Merrylizard1314 you can't keep a good man down. Just skewed with the timing that's all.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Merrylizard will look into that when I can maybe not until the weekend now, busy with work and church. Got my friends and my birthday tomorrow so will be celebrating :)

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

5.7 fasting and blood ketones 0.6. Yep overdid it on the protein yesterday. Might have to bore it up a bit (variety wise) with more bpc less food. I can live with that.

Honking breath this morning - should keep the Cockneys at arms length.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2015-07-08-01-32-43.png
    Screenshots_2015-07-08-01-32-43.png
    155 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovin' the pics.

And I think the cucumber sarnies are a keeper.

I'm so lazy. My fat fast brekkie is basically coffee with cream (I'm fat fasting from 8pm to 1pm, and LCHF for lunch and din-din 5 days a week at the mo).