Could I be pregnant?

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my readings have suddenly increased massively my diet is similar but I've gone from levels of 5-7 in the morning to 14/15. Last night it was 18 which rose to 21 at 3am. These levels have been like this a week now and I'm getting depressed as they are not coming down regardless of the adjustments I am making.

I was on 40 levemir and have increased to 55 but still waking up very high levels. My noborapid I usually have been taking 12-18 now I'm taking 20/25 units but still ver high after meals

I had my periods two weeks ago. Is this an indication that i could be pregnant? I can't test for pregnancy yet as I'm not due for another two weeks so it's a waiting game but looking at some of the threads this could explain the highs?

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi my readings have suddenly increased massively my diet is similar but I've gone from levels of 5-7 in the morning to 14/15. Last night it was 18 which rose to 21 at 3am. These levels have been like this a week now and I'm getting depressed as they are not coming down regardless of the adjustments I am making.

I was on 40 levemir and have increased to 55 but still waking up very high levels. My noborapid I usually have been taking 12-18 now I'm taking 20/25 units but still ver high after meals

I had my periods two weeks ago. Is this an indication that i could be pregnant? I can't test for pregnancy yet as I'm not due for another two weeks so it's a waiting game but looking at some of the threads this could explain the highs?

Hi, not sure Shazia555, it could be or maybe you are coming down with something. I think there are test kits now that can indicate a pregnancy very early. I hope you can find out one way or the other, good luck. RRB

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you

I rarely do come down with cold as such (mind you now that I said that I probably will)

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

If you only had your period 2 weeks ago, for most women that would mean you're only ovulating around now and if you've already conceived, I would think you'd only be a few days at most and likely wouldn't be having pregnancy symptoms yet. I started experiencing highs very early on, but it was right around the time of my first missed period that it started.

I don't think there's any tests that would be able to get a positive more than 4 days before your next expected period (so probably about 2 more weeks, maybe a week and a half).

Perhaps the stress of wondering is making the numbers increase.

Reactions: 2 people

Styles23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hope you don't mind me replying. But mine are exactly the same, and have done home tests last week but came back negative. Even though I have had other signs of pregnancy. I just feel really ill but my doctors don't really help :(. I sometimes feel that the insulin that I'm on dosent work .

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope you don't mind me replying. But mine are exactly the same, and have done home tests last week but came back negative. Even though I have had other signs of pregnancy. I just feel really ill but my doctors don't really help :(. I sometimes feel that the insulin that I'm on dosent work .

Hi

It's was a phenomena as I wasn't pregnant just a week late

Hormones play a big part in levels and you will find as have I that the time before and during periods will fluctuate the levels mainly highs and after periods go back to 'normal'

It seems everything affects levels and sometimes the same things will affect one day and not the next like going gym sometimes my levels drop to 6 and sometimes go up to 20

I still can't get it right and same as you am getting fed up with taking insulin as after being on tablets for 17 years I thought that accepting to go on insulin will control but it's not the case unfortunately

When are you due your periods?

Styles23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

It's was a phenomena as I wasn't pregnant just a week late

Hormones play a big part in levels and you will find as have I that the time before and during periods will fluctuate the levels mainly highs and after periods go back to 'normal'

It seems everything affects levels and sometimes the same things will affect one day and not the next like going gym sometimes my levels drop to 6 and sometimes go up to 20

I still can't get it right and same as you am getting fed up with taking insulin as after being on tablets for 17 years I thought that accepting to go on insulin will control but it's not the case unfortunately

When are you due your periods?

I had my last period 3 weeks ago. So due around next week time I think. It's just I have no other explanations the highs which is making me think I am. And i have put on weight, get headaches feel really sick in mornings. I tend to always be high during the night like at 3 in morning, then when wake up my blood sugars are like 16/19 which is so un common for me to have such highs. And then again at lunch after doubling my dose at breakfast time still 12/14 :(.

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my last period 3 weeks ago. So due around next week time I think. It's just I have no other explanations the highs which is making me think I am. And i have put on weight, get headaches feel really sick in mornings. I tend to always be high during the night like at 3 in morning, then when wake up my blood sugars are like 16/19 which is so un common for me to have such highs. And then again at lunch after doubling my dose at breakfast time still 12/14 :(.

That sounds exactly what I went through

Feeling sick. Being sick. Put on a lot of weight. Headaches. Smells smelling strong. Breast very sore. Very very tired but just ended up being a week late and normally I'm bang on time. Never been late more than a day

Unfortunately you will have to wait till your period is due as testing too early will almost always be negative so the most accurate time is the day you are due xx

JessicaH

My blood sugars went up and I couldn't explain why as nothing had changed. I was running between 12-18. Even the correction dose did not bring it down. I had a positive pregnancy test this week which could explain why they were high so could be the same for you. They are back to normal now. Lots more things to worry about instead! Hope you get the result you are looking for x

Shazia555

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Aww congratulations!!!

Unfortunately for me I was a week late so not the result I wanted x