Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't want to put a dampner on the Lidl High Protein Roll Celebrations but ...

They have a high soya content - not good for the hormones, especially with regard to estrogen! :(

I do have to admit they are rather tasty though - so one, every so often (not too often mind) will be OK I guess?
The Japanese have eaten a diet high in soya for centuries with no problems, it's only now they're eating a more western diet the same problems as we have are creeping in.

Reactions: 2 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe we should invite someone from Lidl to join the forum, it might make them realise they need to make them freely available in every store ;)

Reactions: 3 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe we should invite someone from Lidl to join the forum, it might make them realise they need to make them freely available in every store ;)
Agree....I have tried emailing them and telling them how much we, as diabetics need them and they said they would pass the information on to their buyers. It is such a shame everyone can't get them as they fill a big space for anyone that loves bread and can't tolerate it. I get on very well with the staff at my local Lidl and will see if I can get them to pass the word back to the powers that be about how needed these rolls are

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Japanese have eaten a diet high in soya for centuries with no problems, it's only now they're eating a more western diet the same problems as we have are creeping in.
Also...menopausal women are advised to eat more soya to deal with symptoms such as hot flushes etc.

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to Morecambe yesterday to have the car serviced and called in to my nearest Lidl - swiped the last dozen rolls to freeze :cool:

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Due to it elevating Oestrogen?
That is the suggestion yes...as levels drop due to menopause. I dont dispute that the ingredients of the rolls 'could' have an effect but doubt they would make men grow 'man boobs' etc or have any great effect otherwise. I might point out too that during my menopausal transition I tried soya and every other known so called 'aid' to help with symptoms and non of them including soya had any effect whatsoever. This is of course only my opinion. It is up to everyone to make up their own minds because as with most foods there are reports and opinions that suggest good and bad in pretty much everything we eat and ''opinions'' change almost daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Dizz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Delighted to see these are stocked in my local Lidl now, bought 6!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What are the nutritional value of these rolls? How many carbs?
Ingredients:
Water, Linseeds, Wheat Protein, Soya Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Sesame, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Bran, Oat Fiber, Yeast, Salt, Colouring Spice Extracts (Curcuma).

Nutritional Information:
Typical Values per 100g:
Energy 1194kJ/268kcal
Fat 13.4g (Of which saturates 0.4g)
Carbohydrate 8.5g (Of which sugars 0.5g)
Fibre 12.4g
Protein 26.7g
Salt 0.99g

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My local Lidl is now doing the rolls so bought them for my husband who is T2 he said they are ok and he will eat them ...got some in the freezer.... I did have one just to try it but not something I would have on a regular basis as I have never been a big bread eater so now being prediabetic I don't miss having it

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew - had a panic this morning when I realised I hadn't taken a roll out of the freezer last night. Thank goodness for the microwave defrost setting though I had to read the instruction book first as I've never done it before lol.

Panic over :)

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Phew - had a panic this morning when I realised I hadn't taken a roll out of the freezer last night. Thank goodness for the microwave defrost setting though I had to read the instruction book first as I've never done it before lol.

Panic over :)

LOL. :D

Reactions: 3 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
I managed to pick up another half dozen on the way home fom work yesterday and their in the daughters freezer now :D

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to our nearest Lidl this morning. Managed to get eight, they are now in the freezer.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My order for 10 will be laid by for me tomorrow at my local store :D Can't fault the staff in there :)

honey badger

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They seem to be quiet popular at our Lidl's, body builders have them apparently,
so I buy them 12 at a time now,
I bought a large lock and load box from Lakeland Plastic and freeze them.
They freeze well, I only have half of one, probably every other day, they seem to resist going stale also.
Half of one toasted with sardines in tomato sauce is very good.

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally managed to find these today , after 6 weeks of searching ....... and yep they are yummy:D