Volunteers Needed for National Diabetes Audit Pregnancy Advice Group

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well.

My name’s Stefan and I work within the Diabetes Voices team with Diabetes UK. We are currently recruiting for volunteers to join in the National Diabetes Audit and thought someone on this excellent forum might be interested.

The National Diabetes Audit (NDA) is a comprehensive clinical assessment of diabetes care experience in England and Wales focused on how care diabetes care services can be improved.

Specifically, we are looking for new members of the Pregnancy Audit Patient Advisory Group and the Inpatient Audit Patient Advisory Group. We are particularly keen to get people for the pregnancy group at the moment so any interest would be much appreciated.

You don’t need to be an expert on diabetes care or the NHS to take part, it is really just about using your experience to improve the audit and learning from the experiences of others.

If you are interested in Pregnancy Audit Patient Advisory Group role, all we need to know is that a: you have diabetes and b: you have been pregnant in the past five years. c: Recieve treatment mainly in England or Wales

Basically the role involves using your experience of diabetes care to understand what the audit should focus on and how people with diabetes can be better supported during pregnancy.

Working with a wider team of healthcare professionals, Diabetes UK representatives and other people with diabetes, you would analyse how the audit can effectively identify the most important issues you experienced during pregnancy as a person with diabetes.

You would also be part of a wider Patient Representative Group which combines the insight and experience of people with diabetes in a variety of clinical settings.

Although a voluntary role, standard expenses for travel, food, accommodation costs etc will be provided when required.

If you are interested drop me an email, give me a ring or reply below. I’ll be checking in on the forum pretty regularly so feel free to ask about anything else as well, including joining the Diabetes Voices project whicha dvocates for better diabetes services and support within the UK.

Many thanks,

Stefan

P.S. If there's a more appropriate place this could be posted mods do feel free to move it!

Stefan Donnelly
Diabetes Voices Officer
Diabetes UK
T
+44 (0)20 7424 1025 |F+44 (0)20 7424 1001
E[email protected] |Wwww.diabetes.org.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Sorry Stefan, cant help you on pregnancy one, as I'm a bloke!
If the other one is'nt a typo, I can be a bit impatient over things, if, however you meant inpatient, I can't help!

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry Stefan, cant help you on pregnancy one, as I'm a bloke!
If the other one is'nt a typo, I can be a bit impatient over things, if, however you meant inpatient, I can't help!

You have at least helped by pointing out my mistake :) Corrected now!

Halirez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are in search of a diabetic graphic designer and illustrator, I'm keen to be part of your team

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'd be interested in being involved. I was diagnosed with type 1 around November 2012 when 28 weeks pregnant and had another child since.

I'm out and about at the moment but will send you my contact details later.

Hels

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, I'd be interested in being involved. I was diagnosed with type 1 around November 2012 when 28 weeks pregnant and had another child since.

I'm out and about at the moment but will send you my contact details later.

Hels

Thanks Hels, looking forward to it!

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you are in search of a diabetic graphic designer and illustrator, I'm keen to be part of your team

Not (yet) a catogory on the National Diabetes Audit I'm afraid but I'm sure we could put your skills to good use in some way! You can sign up as one of our Diabetes Voices and get our occasional updates on opportunities to take action for better diabetes care.

trullipootle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi, i am interested, i was diagnosed as type 2 while i was pregnant (about 18 weeks). i had a still born in march due to diabetes and placenta problems. i am a mum of 1 and 37 years old.please feel free to contact me.

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
hi, i am interested, i was diagnosed as type 2 while i was pregnant (about 18 weeks). i had a still born in march due to diabetes and placenta problems. i am a mum of 1 and 37 years old.please feel free to contact me.

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for offering to get involved. Have sent more details by private mail.