Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Only use this meter for ketone testing, which meter were you using before and why do you think the LX is reading lower?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is my main meter iv always used. But got two free online. Verio iq and accu check mobile. .. my lx will read 5.3 the other two 7 and 8. Something. .. the higher the level the bigger difference "/

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No two meters will give the same result as they are not a precision instrument, just to confuse matters when I was using the Accu-Chek Mobile I always found it to read higher than other meters.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah right. Yes the accu check mobile always reads higher. I jus worry that my fasting levels could be too high when my meter reads 5s and the others 8s. I hope my.meter isnt wrong "/

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Ah right. Yes the accu check mobile always reads higher. I jus worry that my fasting levels could be too high when my meter reads 5s and the others 8s. I hope my.meter isnt wrong "/

As with all meters you can use the control solution to test the accuracy of your meter and strips, maybe do this if you are concerned.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I agree that the my Glucomen LX plus reads lower than the other meter I have. I've already tried the control solution and it appears to be within spec (but with ISO standards allowing +/-20% that's not really saying much.)

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its quite a difference though. I think il ask the diabetes nurse/consultant if I should change meter..... im thinking im 5s at fasting and others saying 8s. The fact its significantly lower every time cant be right!

PaulinaB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never noticed my lx reading much lower but I stopped using it some time ago so maybe I don't remember.

On the other hand the verio iq actually reads a bit higher than other meters so the difference you see may be the two of those together (lx going a bit lower and verio a bit higher).

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Its quite a difference though. I think il ask the diabetes nurse/consultant if I should change meter..... im thinking im 5s at fasting and others saying 8s. The fact its significantly lower every time cant be right!
Well all I can say to that is that I usually start feeling hypo symptoms in the low 4s so for me, it seems about right.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think iv solved the mystery. Some meters read whole blood and some read plasma glucose. The lx reads whole blood. Someone on another group informed me that the plasma ones are more accurate and usually read higher! Il definitely be speaking to the diabetes nurse about this!

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pleased you found the answer @tinytype1momma :)

I know Accu-Chek changed their test strips to plasma calibration a few years ago around the same time that they did away with the individual coding chips.