how to get rid of a bumpy stomach?

banana2000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
High and low blood sugars!
I am a typical teenager and I am concerned about my body image. I am slim and a healthy weight but my stomach sits out and can be bumpy at times. I would be delighted if someone knew anything about how to get rid of the bumps and ideas on how to get a flat stomach. My diabetic nurse just tells me that it is just lipos and to stop injecting the same site. I have tried this but it hasn't worked.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
So why not just use your bum n legs or arms for a while to see if the nurse is right?

Reactions: 4 people

ClaireJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Follow the advice and avoid the stomach for a while. I had this problem too (from pump use) and started placing my pump connection on my backside rather than my tummy. No difference at first, but after a while (a few months) my stomach improved. What also helps is massaging the injected areas with bio oil to improve skin tone and try to keep any calcification of epidermal lipids to a minimum (this is what you get after long term injecting in a site - I should know as I've had diabetes for 40 years and as a very slender person every lump shows :(). I look like I've had a Hollywood butt lift operation now as I've got slight swelling on my upper buttocks but I've had it for free rather than £10,000 and it's better than the muffin top alternative my otherwise flat stomach would have had! It's a bummer isn't it? (No pun intended). Always always be kind to your skin, regularly massage and moisturise and NEVER over inject in one area. Good luck!