Prediabetes Worried need advice

bladerfc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Right here goes I'm pre diabetic have had my bs under control I would say by way of low carb but last week was on holiday for a week and let it slip plenty of beer and although not a crazy amount of carbs too many did a fasting test yesterday after my holidays it was 6.1 it was 5.9 this morning I did a test just there and was 6.3 although I had ate some chopped pork an hour before my worry is does some people become diabetic even if they cut back carbs is it possible that no matter my efforts I will become diabetic I'm 32 weight is fine just now I ate no more than 50g of carbs a day any help appreciated

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Right here goes I'm pre diabetic have had my bs under control I would say by way of low carb but last week was on holiday for a week and let it slip plenty of beer and although not a crazy amount of carbs too many did a fasting test yesterday after my holidays it was 6.1 it was 5.9 this morning I did a test just there and was 6.3 although I had ate some chopped pork an hour before my worry is does some people become diabetic even if they cut back carbs is it possible that no matter my efforts I will become diabetic I'm 32 weight is fine just now I ate no more than 50g of carbs a day any help appreciated

I don"t think there are any rules, I became T1 at the age of 54 and was slim and relatively fit . You are doing what you can to reduce the RISK. Your numbers look pretty good to me.

bladerfc

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the reply the same test was low 5s and high 4s only a couple of weeks ago just worried

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes when I go off track it will take a week or so to get my BS back down to where I like it. If you are pre disposed to Type 1 theres nothing you can do to stop it developing. Dont beat yourself up over it, keep testing and im sure your numbers will return to lower figures. By the sound of it you are doing everything right.