Run/walk - Land's End to John o' Groats VIRTUALLY!

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Orienteering on foot - about 4 miles on Sunday, about 2 miles last night. 419.5 miles left.

Reactions: 2 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After the walk on Tuesday OH and I were inspired to do another and found a farmland stroll between Fambridge and South Woodham Ferrers taking in Cold Norton, Purleigh and Stow Maries WW1 Aerodrome. Got a bit lost at the end - missed a footpath sign - and ended up on the B1012 main road. Jumping into the verge to avoid oncoming traffic I got attacked by a triffid (bank of stinging nettles) and am feeling rather sorry for myself.

VERY hot and humid. Guzzled lots of water.

Distance 10 miles

407.5 to go.

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2 miles run last night in very warm sunny conditions. 405.5 miles remaining to be covered.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice one @IncyWincy and @copepod. Been a bit restricted by an ankle injury this week but going to test it out on a parkrun tomorrow plus a bit more if all goes well. What can I get you you in our 400 mile pub stop!

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ankle not quite ready yet so 3 mile dog walk along the royal military canal.

So that's 402.5 miles to go and I can see the dog and gun in Keswick from here. Place your orders please!

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3 miles parkrun this morning, in Cambridgeshire this week - ironically hillier than the flattest parkrun I've done anywhere at Penrith, Lake District. 399.5 mile to go. Pint of Wainwright ale for me, please.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Such a nice day today so another 3.5 mile canal walk with the dog in the opposite direction this time. 396 miles to go.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.5 mile seafront run from hythe to folkestone. Very windy and hard work on the way there but a breeze on the return leg.

382.5 miles to go.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As OH and I got lost at the end of our walk on Friday we decided to do the same stroll today but in reverse to correct our map reading mistake. South Woodham Ferrers to Fambridge via Stow Maries, Purleigh and Cold Norton. Stopped to eat our packed lunch in Purleigh churchyard - absolutely fabulous view of Maldon - and had a look around both Purleigh and St Stephen's Cold Norton churches - cool and peaceful on a hot day.

28394 steps on the pedometer.

10 miles.

372.5 miles to go.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 mile run with the dog on the north downs way. Bit too hot for the dog and far too man stinging nettles for me!

366.5 miles to go.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9 mile run in London tonight. Embankment, green park, Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Is it illegal to smile or acknowledge other runners in London?

351.5 miles to go.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola

In London with work again. 10 mile south bank and north bank run. Mostly non responsive runner responses but did get a couple of eye brow acknowledgements, couple of smiles and 1 how u doing. I'll take that for now.

341.5 miles to go.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola

10 mile run today with the dog. Muggy but pleasant.

331.5 miles to go.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.

10 mile London run tonight. 1 smile in all that time. Miserable bunch.

321.5 miles to go.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4 mile walk along the royal military canal. Up the public footpath that cuts port lympne zoo in half. Picnic lunch on bench on saxon shoe way overlooking Romney Marsh.

317.5 miles to go. Bit slack last week. Going to have to milage next week.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10 mile run up to and around Hyde park to visit the 7/7 memorial. Slow run back - the parks are full of memorials to the dead here the dead there. Haven't we learnt anything yet?

307.5 miles to go.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
12 mile run round Hyde park again on Wednesday and 1.5 meander with the dog back in Kent today.

294 miles to go.