Forgotten to take insulin!!

Robcz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
All is well guys, woke this morning 3.5 and did not forget to take my jab :) Will be eggs, bacon and a few beans for breakfast yeeeehaaa.....

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yer fine
Not first time
And don't feel no different when I do
Makes me think that I take touch of the stuff anyway

Robcz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Doing the same thing day in, day out, and for years should be routine you'd think....However, it only takes one thing to distract you, and boom! Forgotten! The day I forgot my insulin I had a new sofa being delivered....Moved the old one ready for the dump, had a shower and that was it, totally went out of my mind.

Maybe lou lou is right....put something out to remind ones self.....or alarm on the mobile.....I might even do this from now on, then again, maybe I'll forget doing that before going to bed :)

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Doing the same thing day in, day out, and for years should be routine you'd think....However, it only takes one thing to distract you, and boom! Forgotten! The day I forgot my insulin I had a new sofa being delivered....Moved the old one ready for the dump, had a shower and that was it, totally went out of my mind.

Maybe lou lou is right....put something out to remind ones self.....or alarm on the mobile.....I might even do this from now on, then again, maybe I'll forget doing that before going to bed :)

Most meters also have reminder alarms @Robcz :)

Robcz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
noblehead, I have a Onetouch vita....if it has an alarm, I've yet to find it....
BTW...how do you link someone to a reply like you've done with me?

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing just did normal 7 u its in morning
And forgot today's morning one too

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah two paracetols and late morning 10 units insulatard later headache has finally gone

Reactions: 2 people

jackvdbuk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure what it's called
Just know it's slow relise
hmmm afaik ( fairly new to basal/bolus) it stabilizes your levels for the day so would have though you should do some? otherwise levels will rise - im sure an experienced DB will tell you best ;)