Help! I have so much weight to lose

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! It's been a long time coming but I've lost another pound! I am taking half the dose of anti-depressants now and my counselling sessions are coming to an end in the next month or so. I will be making an appointment with my chiropractor again soon as my neck/back are playing up again. (Oh how I wish I could tell the man who gave me this whiplash injury 25+ years ago just how much trouble he has caused me through his careless driving. grrrr)

You need to draw little picture of him and tell him anyway. Then put it through the shredder.

Illogical, I know, but if it was me, I'd just imaging him going through my shredder. :)

Great news all round zand. As so, so, so many people say again and again, this is a marathon, not a sprint, and when we have multiple issues to address, we just have to prioritise and do our best to keep the less critical issues in a holding pattern. In those circumstances, a holding pattern is a tremendous achievement.

Again. Well done.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to draw little picture of him and tell him anyway. Then put it through the shredder.

Illogical, I know, but if it was me, I'd just imaging him going through my shredder. :)

Great news all round zand. As so, so, so many people say again and again, this is a marathon, not a sprint, and when we have multiple issues to address, we just have to prioritise and do our best to keep the less critical issues in a holding pattern. In those circumstances, a holding pattern is a tremendous achievement.

Again. Well done.
Yes I might just do that. :)

It is a relief to have found an eating plan which allows me to maintain my weight at last and not yo-yo diet like I did for so very many years. :)

Reactions: 11 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
The class teacher in a Weight Watchers class brought one in and weighed it in front of us. Many years ago now I hasten to add.
Didn't anyone ask where/how she (I assume) got it?

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It must have looked horrid! Why would she do that? Did no-one complain?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It just looked like a great wrinkly slab of white fat. It was to prove a point that a pound of actual body fat is a hell of a lot to lose. No-one complained, we all thought it was funny, and her tactic worked as far as I was concerned. I have never forgotten that slab of fat after all these years (it was the 1980's when it happened) so each and every time I lost a pound I was delighted as I could imagine losing that size of actual fat from my body. It made it more real for me. Conversely, when I put a pound back on, I also remembered it and it was a great motivating factor for me.

Reactions: 6 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! It's been a long time coming but I've lost another pound! I am taking half the dose of anti-depressants now and my counselling sessions are coming to an end in the next month or so. I will be making an appointment with my chiropractor again soon as my neck/back are playing up again. (Oh how I wish I could tell the man who gave me this whiplash injury 25+ years ago just how much trouble he has caused me through his careless driving. grrrr)
Well done on losing some more weight - I also had a whiplash injury in 1997 and still see the Osteopath every 2 months or so for neck problems. It sometimes 'ceases up' and that's when I realise just how many road junctions there are on my journey to work!!!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hugsxxxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
The class teacher in a Weight Watchers class brought one in and weighed it in front of us. Many years ago now I hasten to add.
Omg! She sounds like Marjorie from the weight watchers class off Little Britain! You couldn't make that stuff up if you tried!
image.jpg

Reactions: 8 people