Our girl shed ...

S

Sable_Jan

Hi Ladies, Mr SD and I popped by earlier, I wanted to show him the brambles that need clearing before the arks arrive, he says he can do, but lordy it was so slippery with all that rain we nearly went nose over apex, so I'm thinking maybe upgrade the paths with that rubber walkway stuff, it'll make life easier for those of us in prams too,
Mr SD asked if we'd thought of having a veranda, covered of course, which would be useful so we wouldn't get wet whilst fiddling with the lock and have somewhere to hang wet coats and leave our willies, just a thought.
Left the cupboard door open as it was a bit chilly inside.
@poohtiggy, glad you had a good night and aren't the neighbours lovely, so jealous you got invited for breccia, I've heard their home cured bacon is yum, mind I have tried their mushrooms so much nicer than shop brought ones really flavourful.
Later Ladies.
Yes, a veranda....and one of those swing seats. B&M do them, will price up next time am in....gotta take one if my barking dog ornaments back.....it only whispers....
I hope you meant WELLIES....:oops::oops::oops:

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Do you think we could ask @eddie1968 to do the veranda? I'm sure he would be really, really good,at it....and he could take Bo Sheep along to keep him company....I'd offer to go help him but my bathroom man hasn't finished yet....
Lovely if Mr Chris to offer to do the bumbles...shall I bring my hedge trimmers over for him? Worked a treat on mine...

Reactions: 4 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, a veranda....and one of those swing seats. B&M do them, will price up next time am in....gotta take one if my barking dog ornaments back.....it only whispers....
I hope you meant WELLIES....:oops::oops::oops:

All I can say is predictive text. :cool::p:wideyed:

Reactions: 6 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you think we could ask @eddie1968 to do the veranda? I'm sure he would be really, really good,at it....and he could take Bo Sheep along to keep him company....I'd offer to go help him but my bathroom man hasn't finished yet....
Lovely if Mr Chris to offer to do the bumbles...shall I bring my hedge trimmers over for him? Worked a treat on mine...

Think you mean BRAMBLES, hedge trimmers not strong enough really needs a chain saw, have you seen the size of the boughs on that stuff they must be 4-5 inches thick, Mr SD will do them with his chain saw tomorrow.
You could try asking eddie and if he's agreeable great, really need to meet and discuss the size and where to put what.

Blondie153

We are so current, this was in the telegraph this morning
The Telegraph says the shed has long been the last refuge of the male, but gender equality has finally reached the bottom of the garden.
For a DIY chain has reported a boom in sales to women in the first six months of the year, up 50% on the same period in 2014.
But rather than using sheds as a place to store tools, tinker with a rusty lawnmower or enjoy a crafty drink while avoiding the family, says the Telegraph, women are treating them as a space to work or indulge in a creative hobby.
Alexei Cowan, head of trends for Homebase, tells the paper: "Women love having a space to call their own. More and more women are working from home and running their own businesses and the 'she-shed' is an ideal space to create a pop-up office."

Reactions: 10 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
We are so current, this was in the telegraph this morning
The Telegraph says the shed has long been the last refuge of the male, but gender equality has finally reached the bottom of the garden.
For a DIY chain has reported a boom in sales to women in the first six months of the year, up 50% on the same period in 2014.

But rather than using sheds as a place to store tools, tinker with a rusty lawnmower or enjoy a crafty drink while avoiding the family, says the Telegraph, women are treating them as a space to work or indulge in a creative hobby.
Alexei Cowan, head of trends for Homebase, tells the paper: "Women love having a space to call their own. More and more women are working from home and running their own businesses and the 'she-shed' is an ideal space to create a pop-up office."

We women love our sheds but saying that.......... The Telegraph is going back to the age old cliché of us females still working, but in a shed :wideyed: noooooooooo. It's our sanctuary :D
Good morning lady shedettes :)

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Think you mean BRAMBLES, hedge trimmers not strong enough really needs a chain saw, have you seen the size of the boughs on that stuff they must be 4-5 inches thick, Mr SD will do them with his chain saw tomorrow.
You could try asking eddie and if he's agreeable great, really need to meet and discuss the size and where to put what.

All I can say is predictive text ;)
Bumbles indeed, what does it know .... Brambles, yes....mine weren't so thick but yes, the shed ones are big....we need to pick as many berries as we can before they are cut back or maybe pick and cut, pick and cut if Mr SD doesn't mind...shame to waste them. Would be nice if we could cultivate them so we can have blackberry and apple pie with the apples from our trees....
Ooh, goats....do you get cream with goats milk? We could get goats....AND that would save on grass cutting time too...and milk on tap for our brews.....

Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
He's only cut down the brambles in the pig run so there should be plenty left for everyone, and from the look of the heap there's not that many berry's gone to waste, but even then the birds will love the ones we don't get.
Glad the weather is nicer here than home.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just popped in for some runner beans, looks like we will have a good crop, loads of strawbs too, the other veggies are coming on a treat and the celery is nice, sweet and crunchy had some yesterday, so dive in Ladies don't want it going to seed.
Catch up later.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Just popped in for some runner beans, looks like we will have a good crop, loads of strawbs too, the other veggies are coming on a treat and the celery is nice, sweet and crunchy had some yesterday, so dive in Ladies don't want it going to seed.
Catch up later.
Yes, celery is gorgeous, had some with mild cheddar for lunch....

Got a bowlful of blackberries and you can't see where I've taken them from...... Just picked enuf strawbs to eat while i was there. .. so warm and sweet....lovely and sunny up at the shed so I put the windows on night lock so the air could circulate. That chocolate torte was gorgeous Chris but was very good and only had a small piece... that soft caramel ... divine.....
Had a read of one of books on shelf....good cookery book with some lovely low carb treats...well they sound it.....
back home now where it's warmer than it was earlier and no rain for time being....animals all wanted "sweeties" but I know Satindoll will have already spoilt them rotten......

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Poor little piggies, you could hear them screaming .... There will be NO experiments on OUR piggies..... Just maybe some fun ones for them cos they're clever and can work things out......

Pigs are so cute

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

Yes, celery is gorgeous, had some with mild cheddar for lunch....

Got a bowlful of blackberries and you can't see where I've taken them from...... Just picked enuf strawbs to eat while i was there. .. so warm and sweet....lovely and sunny up at the shed so I put the windows on night lock so the air could circulate. That chocolate torte was gorgeous Chris but was very good and only had a small piece... that soft caramel ... divine.....
Had a read of one of books on shelf....good cookery book with some lovely low carb treats...well they sound it.....
back home now where it's warmer than it was earlier and no rain for time being....animals all wanted "sweeties" but I know Satindoll will have already spoilt them rotten......
:mad:Celery is the food of the DEVIL. Yuk yuk yuk:nailbiting:

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Poor little piggies, you could hear them screaming .... There will be NO experiments on OUR piggies..... Just maybe some fun ones for them cos they're clever and can work things out......

You mean something like produce &'star in a Broadway musical..?

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Morning girls....checked the DVD situation here yesterday and saw we didn't have many so brought the horror DVDs I've already watched but don't want to keep. Not the greatest IMO but Paranormal Activity went to several sequels (not in the selection I brought) when I had to force myself to watch all way thru in case it got better...3rd attempt and I wished I'd not bothered....paint drying is more scary .....what I'm saying really is this lot.might appeal to someone...
When I've watched Only Fools & Horses collection will bring those over too, bit of variety.....
Will anyone be bringing grandkids over cos there's some kiddie ones too. Know they probs be.mire interested in the animals tho.
Satindoll, couldn't find the farriers number.....think one of Judy's shoes is loose....
Chris, had to chuck the rest of the torte out....been left out of fridge and it looked a bit "iffy" think cream had gone off. Put it on compost heap...
I've brought towels and tea towels for wash and put fresh set out....got a load to pur on anyway so didn't make sense to put shed washer on for just those bits