A question for all those with 40 lbs+ to lose

time4t

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
When you lie on your back and feel your abdomen do you have any hard areas?

My stomach feels hard from the belly button downwards.
It's been like this for a few months now and was wondering if this is normal for people carrying excess weight.

Thanks in advance.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Welcome to the forum. I would get that checked out by a doctor if I were you. I've been much more than 40 lb overweight and never had that symptom for that length of time. Some small areas of the abdomen can feel a bit hard if you are constipated, but IMO an area the size you mention, in the location you mention, for a few months, should be checked out by a doctor, asap.

Reactions: 6 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I thought it might be visceral fat......
Visceral fat is the fat that surrounds organs and is inside them. It does not feel hard when you touch the outside of the body, as far as I know.

There are gynaecological conditions that can cause this issue, especially in someone over 40 years of age. I would make that appointment asap, like today/tomorrow.