Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning, on this horrible, indeed "October" day in Brumm, aka Mordor...:-/
5.6 FBG following another ... 5.6 late night before bed.
Fingers crossed today, as garage has to call about final cost of major MOT for car, with estimate already scary, AND at 4pm blood test results with D consultant.
Have a better day than this miserable one outside, with 13 C at end of July...
Not cool :-(

Reactions: 33 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting BG reading of 5.8 after a reading of 5.9 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 34 people

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 this morning after stupidly high results last night for me.

Reactions: 27 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 and another headache for me this morning :(
There is definitely a correlation between these headaches and higher blood sugar readings, but I'm still not sure which one is the cause and which the effect: I didn't have anything unusual to eat yesterday so I suspect it's the headache causing the increased blood sugar.

Reactions: 31 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 this morning after stupidly high results last night for me.
Hi Pickle,
Do you see any correlation between some of your intaken foods and the higher readings?
In my case after a while I started to be aware of what really spikes my BG, and one by one switched for something else...
Take care,
Moshe

Reactions: 11 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

Despite my reservations I seem to have Internet access down here! I only have my phone and I tend to make mistakes typing on it, but BG this morning was 5.6.

Not bad after a bad night in 30ish degree heat and a major fight with a couple of large cockroaches which had moved in while the apartment was empty.

Beautiful sunny morning here. Temperature at 10.00 (09.00 UK time) was as 33c in the shade........

Off down the pool now, have a good day!

Reactions: 31 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was at hospital yesterday, they pushed them to the limit and wow so sore this morning. I'm going for a swim to try to loosen up .
Hi Lorraine, I hope to read you're better soon. I guess the pushing to the limit is part of some physiotherapy. I remember my former orthopaedic nursing days of adjusting levels for physio machines, that the best progress was achieved exactly around these rather painful levels. Of course, my patients called me anything in between sadistic b****d and beyond :), but when they left the ward with only a walking stick instead of frame, that warm hug and tears made it all worth the pain.
Wish you a quick recovery :)
Moshe

Reactions: 9 people

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all:)
6.7 for me today..... hopefully back to the 5's soon, going in the right direction again :rolleyes:

Reactions: 26 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was at hospital yesterday, they pushed them to the limit and wow so sore this morning. I'm going for a swim to try to loosen up .
Hope the pain eases soon Lorraine. The joys of hospitals and wonderful Phsyio mine is coming up soon :rolleyes::)

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just come back from Diabetic consultant really pleased my hbc1a is down from 11.7 to 7.4:). Been referred to Dietian to try and sort out post meal swings or will be changing insulin. I have also lost another 5kg only 9 more to go!

Reactions: 35 people

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I screwed up yesterday because of a Pringle's incident in which I allowed myself to eat them like a wild animal. On the upside, there is no more junk food left in my home as a result. I am skipping one more FBG test to spare myself the anxiety that a high number might cause. It's a bit of delusional thinking to want creative control over the editing process of my numbers for when they are reviewed by my physician in September, but it is so hard for me to accept substandard work. In lieu of a finger prick, I'm eating with extra care and feel determined to burn through the treadmill belt at the gym.

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.