ideal levels advice plz

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
What's in store is an early funeral.
Sorry to be so blunt but it's really that simple.
You should show him this thread.
Before his funeral your going to be having to do an ever increasing amount for him as his carer and that can get very messy.
By ignoring reality he's abusing your love and kindness.
Show him this before the mods whip it away for being a little to honest.

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
There is no medicine as such for T2.
What you get is something that helps your efforts.
If you don't put the effort in the medicine is useless.

Reactions: 2 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
I agree with JTL pretty much entirely.

I also get the brain thing.

Looking back I think I was going the same way..

It is difficult to find your way through this but I now have hope and feel better than I have for years.

As well as fearing the medical profession I was a huge cynic where supplements were concerned..

Elsewhere on here people have asked for help on dealing with neuropathy and there is a whole load of information out there.

Too much to wade through sometimes but I personally feel that a combination of vitamin B1, B12 & ALA are helping me with all the issues your husband has.

But only after I got my levels under control and only if I continue to keep them that way.

fail to do that and I fear JTLS forecast is likely to be correct

Last edited by a moderator:

jue 88

Tim,,,pleased you are dealing with the problems,,and are feeling much better.....thats good news,and gives others hope.
JTL...if i showed it to him A),,he would not see himself as the person i describe B),,he shuts himself off,and no baddies can get in.
best way i can explain it really.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe you can steel yourself to be harsh and shock him a little, and tell him if he's not prepared to take proper care of himself now, you aren't prepared to pick up the pieces and care for him when he's crippled and blind?

it might just bring him to his senses and make him realise not just what he's doing to himself but what he's doing to you too.

Robbity

jue 88

lol....no that don't work either.....i live at the bottom of a very long steep hill.....i have said on numerous occasions,"if you end up in a wheelchair,i will push you to the top,,and then give you a push start down".......he just laughs (a bit edgy though).