Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Type2guy you make me laugh.

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Just come back from Diabetic consultant really pleased my hbc1a is down from 11.7 to 7.4:). Been referred to Dietian to try and sort out post meal swings or will be changing insulin. I have also lost another 5kg only 9 more to go!

That's fantastic @loulou99782. Good A1c AND more weight lost. Your hard work is rewarding you. Delighted for you. X

Reactions: 13 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone!
Just returned from GP and been informed that my HbA1c changed as follows:
-21st April, 2015 - 7.3% or 57 mmol/mol :-(
-Today, 24th July, 2015 - 5.4% or 36 mmol/mol :)
As a result, I was taken off Forxiga/Dapagliflozin, yayyyyy :-D
Metformin SR left unchanged until next bloodtest by end of October ;-)
Total cholesterol 4.5 so no need for any statins, at least for now :-D
Of course, I was told that "excellent, well done", but as usual, the fact that all this was achieved through a strict, testing controlled diet, was silently "forgotten", so no strips were re-prescribed... I didn't even bother mentioning it, as I still have some, and I just managed to have been granted a free AccuChek Mobile courtesy of AccuChek's giveaway, which comes with an initial cartridge of 50, to arrive probably tomorrow, so together with what I've got stashed so far, I'm OK for at least 2 months of testing :-D

THANK YOU FROM THE HEART TO ALL OF YOU PRECIOUS PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM AND THREAD, AS WITHOUT YOUR LOVELY SUPPORT, NONE OF THESE WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 40 people

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Hi everyone!
Of course, I was told that "excellent, well done", but as usual, the fact that all this was achieved through a strict, testing controlled diet, was silently "forgotten", so no strips were re-prescribed... I didn't even bother mentioning it, as I still have some, and I just managed to have been granted a free AccuChek Mobile courtesy of AccuChek's giveaway, which comes with an initial cartridge of 50, to arrive probably tomorrow, so together with what I've got stashed so far, I'm OK for at least 2 months of testing :-D

THANK YOU FROM THE HEART TO ALL OF YOU PRECIOUS PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM AND THREAD, AS WITHOUT YOUR LOVELY SUPPORT, NONE OF THESE WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE :-D
Mazeltov! So pleased for you. Great to have your commitment and hard graft recognised in this way. You are a model to others, me in particular. Enjoy your basking moment.:D:D

Reactions: 11 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @MosheBenYehuda. I know how elated you must be feeling with those results as my last HbA1c test was 5.4% as well and I know how big my smile was when I read them. Keep up the good work:)

Reactions: 16 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi everyone!

All your own implementation....moshe very nice to hear

Reactions: 15 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just come back from Diabetic consultant really pleased my hbc1a is down from 11.7 to 7.4:). Been referred to Dietian to try and sort out post meal swings or will be changing insulin. I have also lost another 5kg only 9 more to go!

Well done LouLou, excellent results all round :D

Reactions: 12 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I screwed up yesterday because of a Pringle's incident in which I allowed myself to eat them like a wild animal. On the upside, there is no more junk food left in my home as a result. I am skipping one more FBG test to spare myself the anxiety that a high number might cause. It's a bit of delusional thinking to want creative control over the editing process of my numbers for when they are reviewed by my physician in September, but it is so hard for me to accept substandard work. In lieu of a finger prick, I'm eating with extra care and feel determined to burn through the treadmill belt at the gym.
Spare me the dissertation (i.e. excuses), you are just a very very naughty boy lol

PS Pringles are evil too.

Reactions: 18 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Proper job, Lou, keep it up :)

Reactions: 8 people

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone!

Yasher koach! Very inspring news.

Reactions: 11 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone!

That's great news. Well done.

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.