Food Obsession

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. I was interested to read the posts about having no gall bladder. I have no gall bladder too but fortunately I haven't had a problem with the extra fat. I do find that eating a lchf diet requires much more thought than an unrestricted diet. It is also necessary to ensure that quick snacks or meals are available for emergencies. :)

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi JoyceGlasgow...

I don't have gallbladder either and I do follow a very low carb diet and have done successfully in the past always without a gallbladder. It is possible, low carb doesn't mean high fat, it just simply means you don't worry too much about the fat.

I love bread too but I find it really hard to just eat a single slice therefore completely getting rid of it makes my life easier. It is just much easier to deal with carbs cravings when you simply don't suffer them any more. As soon as I start eating them again regularly, my cravings for them increases... and becomes a vicious circle.

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
If you're cooking from scratch, I think it shifts the focus from what can I EAT, to how will I put these INGREDIENTS together!

Maybe some obsessions are more helpful than others. If I lose one, I soon find another!
Hi Jennifer, thanks for this since cooking from scratch I have certainly found that I am thinking less about food. So I think this is the way to go. I hope you are keeping well thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello. I was interested to read the posts about having no gall bladder. I have no gall bladder too but fortunately I haven't had a problem with the extra fat. I do find that eating a lchf diet requires much more thought than an unrestricted diet. It is also necessary to ensure that quick snacks or meals are available for emergencies. :)
Hello Mo
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. To date when trying to eat lchf I have not experienced any problems but not been on this new eating plan for long ( not using the word diet lol). So fingers crossed all will work out. I do own up to having jelly babies to hand in case a quick boost is needed. I hope you are keeping well.

Reactions: 2 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi JoyceGlasgow...

I don't have gallbladder either and I do follow a very low carb diet and have done successfully in the past always without a gallbladder. It is possible, low carb doesn't mean high fat, it just simply means you don't worry too much about the fat.

I love bread too but I find it really hard to just eat a single slice therefore completely getting rid of it makes my life easier. It is just much easier to deal with carbs cravings when you simply don't suffer them any more. As soon as I start eating them again regularly, my cravings for them increases... and becomes a vicious circle.
Hi mehh2015 I know the vicious circle you mean regarding the carbs easier to cut them out all together as it is a slippery slope once started. I thought it would have been harder to give up sugar!!!! I hope you are keeping well,thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. Take care

Reactions: 2 people