What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Thank you all for your messages, I will look again at Greek yogurt - I could not find full fat the last time I looked - I was told my diabetic nurse not to eat fruit for breakfast - but then she has told me to eat carbs with every meal and that just meant my bs levels being in double figures all the time.......
Can you tell me if it is OK to eat the likes of pumkin seeds, I used to nibble on them between meals when I was feeling hungry but it was too early to eat lunch or dinner? Nurse said not to snack between meals and not to eat nuts at all.
I will let you know how the Desmond day goes.

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all for your messages, I will look again at Greek yogurt - I could not find full fat the last time I looked - I was told my diabetic nurse not to eat fruit for breakfast - but then she has told me to eat carbs with every meal and that just meant my bs levels being in double figures all the time.......
Can you tell me if it is OK to eat the likes of pumkin seeds, I used to nibble on them between meals when I was feeling hungry but it was too early to eat lunch or dinner? Nurse said not to snack between meals and not to eat nuts at all.

I'd would suggest to stick to berries as they are the lowest carb fruits. However it all depends on how low carb are you going and how do you eat for the rest of the day.

Nibbling on nuts its ok as you keep an eye on carbs counts as they are very easy to over do, I can't nibble on cashew nuts or pistachio because they do spike me, but I can have a few almonds or walnuts.

I have no idea how many carbs are there in pumkin seeds but a quick google search will show. In any case the best thing for me is always try with my meter and see what causes BG changes.

I personally nibble on walnuts or cheeses.

Reactions: 6 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I didn't realized you said your nurse said no to nuts... in that case... I have no idea. My nurse is happy with my eating habits.

lyndarose

Today
B 2 rashers of Bacon 5.30 am
Mid M small piece of cheese 10 am
L Turkey slices Tomato and i tablespoon of coleslaw. 1 pm
D Home made quiche baked in dish without the pastry with green salad. 5 pm.

Reactions: 5 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: almond cake, strawberries & cream
L: baked avocado with crab, spring onion, lime and thyme topping (friend round for lunch hence trying to be posh with crab rather than usual tuna!); rocket salad
D: will be portabello mushroom stuffed with blended cold chicken, sun dried tomato, basil, olive and mayo filling, topped with mozzarella and baked. Last of the peach ice cream!

Reactions: 7 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mongolia . Ooh the crab with the avocado sounds great:)
It was lovely but at £2.70 for a tin (not even fresh stuff which was even more expensive for a smaller amount!) it won't be something that will be a regular thing for me. Good for impressing guests maybe? Can you eat too much avocado?!!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just eaten raspberries with thick double cream . I felt so wicked and yet it fits in beautifully with lchf. :)Delicious!

Reactions: 4 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mongolia i love your cake breakfasts.

Isnt it fab to have lc cake fro brekkie?
Ha ha, yes I don't need much persuading to eat cake for breakfast! Do find the nature of LC cake ie made with nut flour, means that they taste much better when fried or reheated rather than eating as conventional cake. For some reason, no matter how much flavour I add to them, they don't taste of anything different. However fried with berries and topped with cream - yum! It also looks like I have cake all the time for breakfast because I make a cake and then have to eat is before it goes off (which things tend to do far quicker if they are home made!). Half the cake went into the freezer and will come out once I have got over this cake eating session!

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been an odd day.. not very hungry at all...

B:Coffee with lactofree, some more almond cheese sticks... (they are yummy)
S: Some more almond cheese sticks
S: Before going to the gym: decaf coffee with a bit of lactofree and coconut oil
L: Very late lunch: Subway chicken salad (Chicken tikka, lettuce, onion, peppers, jalapeno, black olives, tomato and cheese)
S: Pork rinds

I only ate lunch because I thought it was totally wrong not to have anything after the gym... but didn't feel hungry or fainty ... and BGs in the mid 4's...

Reactions: 8 people

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - 4 slices streaky bacon, mushrooms cooked in butter and 2 fried eggs
Lunch - homemade chicken and mushroom creamy soup
Snack - handful of peanuts
Dinner - a bit of a mishmash, but yummy! Left over roast chicken fried in butter with mushrooms, celery and courgette, with a peanut butter and double cream sauce. Kind of stir fry meets goulash! Will do it again I think, could serve with rice for hubby.

Reactions: 4 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 4 slices streaky bacon, mushrooms cooked in butter and 2 fried eggs
Lunch - homemade chicken and mushroom creamy soup
Snack - handful of peanuts
Dinner - a bit of a mishmash, but yummy! Left over roast chicken fried in butter with mushrooms, celery and courgette, with a peanut butter and double cream sauce. Kind of stir fry meets goulash! Will do it again I think, could serve with rice for hubby.
That dinner sounds delicious!

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
b. tuna 50g,sweetcorn 40g,light mayo 15g and 2 egg omlete = 7.6 carbs,231 cals
and plan on havin
L ham 100g,cabbage 100g, carrots 100g,califlower 80g =13.8 carbs,161.5 cals
lidl protein 1/2 roll and cheese 20g. = 4.9 carbs,199 cals
and
s.whitefish 100g,100g of carrots,100g mushrooms,100g swede = 6.7 carbs,127 cals

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
B 8am - fbg 10.4 Half slice hm bread. scrambled egg nothing added. Good bowl lettuce and cucumber. 2tsp french dressing. Half pint water with dsp cider vinegar+mother & 1tsp xylotol.
Sn. 11am -small bowl hm houmous. Black coffee +1tsp xylotol.
L 1.30-bg 10.1- med bowl dahl and a med bowl steamed cabbage. Black coffee + 1tsp xylotol.
Plenty of water throughout the day.

Reactions: 10 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had some diabetic ice cream. Absolutely delicious and pancreas did not object (happy days). Their webiste is http://www.archersjerseyicecream.com/ - I have contacted them for an ingredients list and they say that they will forward one - hopefully they will.

Reactions: 11 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody:)
B. Raspberries and 2 tiny slices Sukrin bread with butter

L. 2 rashers bacon, a sausage, a fried egg, half a tomato and mushrooms.

D. Roast chicken thighs with mushrooms, onion and a courgette cooked in olive oil in oven. :)

I wouldn't usually have two cooked meals but I have walked most of the afternoon as I went to see the village scarecrow display at Muston which was brilliant.

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast was a whey protein pancake with dark chocolate sauce
Lunch I had out at a cafe, a diet coke with a bacon and Brie salad, with sun dried tomatoes (probably a bit naughty but it was yummy!)
Supper was a stir fry with another batch of peanut butter and cream sauce.

In a bit I may have some whey protein cookies and cream frozen yogurt.

Reactions: 9 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Brunch was a 3 egg omelette made with cream cheese. The filling was chorizo, spring onions and a mix of cheddar & mozzarella.
Mid afternoon I had my first ever avocado. Delicious! I just squeezed over a little lemon juice and ate it with a spoon. I'll be having more of them for sure!
Evening meal was sea bass fried in butter with side salad.

Just under 1400 calories the lot, 17g carb and I'm stuffed!