Here comes Summer let's stay active.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm glad I banked some exercise for today on Tuesday as I knew I wouldn't get chance.

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got a FitBit HR today and trying to see how it works.... Big walk at lunchtime with 10.5 kg on back...
Planks and now added crumps in the morning...
Away on holiday next week so lots of walking in Northumbria... fingers are now crossed for the weather....

Reactions: 8 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody.:) I have swam for a full hour today so I'm feeling sleepy but virtuous! Lol. I swim in a half length pool so I swim 100 lengths which equates to 50 lengths of a standard pool. :)

Reactions: 10 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
35 minutes in swimming pool. It was busy, lots of children on holiday. Not complaining about that, they should be swimming as soon as possible. I found a quiet corner in the deep end and did lots of cardio exercise. Followed this with a walk around supermarket. Those trolleies make good zimmer frame substitutes. Having a much needed cuppa with feet up now.

Reactions: 12 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Been walking most days, foot now recovered enough to venture back on the rowing machine tomorrow :)

Reactions: 10 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. I swam for an hour Saturday. Sunday is my housework and gardening day. No swimming Monday as I had a very painful back and was having problems walking so I took it easy. Today I have swam for 50 minutes! :)

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday and today managed 20 mins swimm and 50 mins aqua fit each time.
Hope I am starting to make up the deficit now.

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@mo53
I love aquafit. Depending on the sport coach leading the session it can be a fast cardio workout, a slower strength workout or a combination. What I like best is that in the water you are supported by the water, so it is as if you weigh about a tenth of your true weight. Also, as the water supports you you can get a better range of movement than on land. I would fall over if I tried some of the exercises out of the water.
I am tempted to try aqua running. Maybe need to build up some strength and stamina. SCUBA is something else that appeals. Maybe just in the pool though.:D

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You make it sound wonderful. I may have a look at when the classes are on :)

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. Exercise today was walking while shopping and then walking for at least an hour, if not longer, while looking at the scarecrow display throughout Muston village. :)

Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. :). I wasn't able to go swimming today but I did about 90 minutes gardening. I hope that counts as 30 minutes exercise. I was weeding so it was all bending and stretching. :)

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm here to report a setback :( After spending 5 hours in a cramped car last Saturday I developed lower back pain and a stiff right hip. It's getting better, with lots of stretching, massages and ibuprofen, but it meant no walking (other than to the bus stop), cycling or weight lifting. On the bright side, I'm looking forward to the next 2 weeks of holiday swimming in the sea! :D

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Larissima . I hope you have a great holiday and have some brilliant swims! I'm walking like a robot today because of back pain so really empathise. :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday. Back pain so no real exercise.
Saturday. Just shopping which doesn't count as exercise. Although carrying the bags was like weight training. Lol
Sunday housework all day. Cleaning, changing beds, washing etc.

Tomorrow I am hoping to swim. :)

This thread has just helped me work out that I haven't swam since last Tuesday.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
been away for a week and managed to do some exercises... not quite so much walking.... rain stopped play a couple of times.... and bought a Fitbit HR and still coming to terms with it.....

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi people , back from my 3 week Greek adventure
I did manage to do something every day and only put a couple of pounds on .
It's quite easy to be on a healthy diet in Greece .
Thanks for keeping this going with me .

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Avoided the tube strike yesterday by walking the 2.5 miles from St Pancras to Paddington.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blimey, the boss is back. No more slacking. My water exercise had to stop. Ear infection. Did go to oldies gym yesterday though, have been exercising by housework.

I know, same as school reports. 'Could do better if tried'.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 7 people