Our girl shed ...

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Sable_Jan , Morning Jan, and thanks, sorry forgot to take the towels with me yesterday, if I had a brain cell I'd be dangerous, Farrier due today so have left a note for him in stables, don't think its loose all round maybe just a nail, but he promised to give them new shoes anyway,
Arks will be in and fence erected later today, should have taken you up on your offer of hedge trimmers, ours broke, never mind can be done at a later date. pig nuts in stables in bin amusingly marked Pigs.
Was thinking how about growing some Loganberry's not enough time this year but next.
Back later Ladies to check on the Arks.

PS wasn't me that left the cake out, never even got to look at it, WAH :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

@Sable_Jan , Morning Jan, and thanks, sorry forgot to take the towels with me yesterday, if I had a brain cell I'd be dangerous, Farrier due today so have left a note for him in stables, don't think its loose all round maybe just a nail, but he promised to give them new shoes anyway,
Arks will be in and fence erected later today, should have taken you up on your offer of hedge trimmers, ours broke, never mind can be done at a later date. pig nuts in stables in bin amusingly marked Pigs.
Was thinking how about growing some Loganberry's not enough time this year but next.
Back later Ladies to check on the Arks.

PS wasn't me that left the cake out, never even got to look at it, WAH :arghh::arghh::arghh:
We'll now have to teach pigs to read ;)
I'm sure @chris lowe will make us another. Maybe best to freeze in portions?Towels all dry, had to put theme in drier been raining all day here
Don't remember having tasted loganberries but believe they are nice...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
OK, OK,OK, I KNOW, the Arks look like overturned half oranges, but I have been assured the colour will dull with weathering, but they were freebies and I'm told the colour is very now, no seriously on a snowy hillside they are easily spottable, unfortunately we can't paint them a different colour as paint is poisonous to pigs, sorry.
Got me coat and running to the hills.
Farrier said wrong nails used in previous shoes on Punch and Judy, but there fine now and look very smart in their new shoes, the children have done a good job with the grooming and they both look very smart, especially in their new collars.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK, OK,OK, I KNOW, the Arks look like overturned half oranges, but I have been assured the colour will dull with weathering, but they were freebies and I'm told the colour is very now, no seriously on a snowy hillside they are easily spottable, unfortunately we can't paint them a different colour as paint is poisonous to pigs, sorry.
Farrier said wrong nails used in previous shoes on Punch and Judy, but there fine now and look very smart in their new shoes, the children have done a good job with the grooming and they both look very smart, especially in their new collars.

You could try painting the arks with yoghurt to promote moss growth. Thus giving them a rustic look.?

S

Sable_Jan

Ooh, sunglasses on :cool::cool:
Yes, the donkeys look great and the ponies coats are soo shiny....Bella is such a sweetie....if I hold the carrot in my mouth she'll gently take it off me....opened the coop to let the hens out and peeked in the boxes....whadya know, we got our first two eggs. Was tempted to cook them for breakfast but figured it would be nice for you all to see them first.....and nope, they are real eggs, not the pot ones Satindoll put in there....tho strangely both were in boxes that had pot ones in. Chickens now fed and donkeys/ponies all had carrots and an apple between them ...
Could've sworn I smelled beer as I walked in the shed.....but peeked, and there's noone sleeping over...
Have put the washed towels in airing cupboard...
Have to get back now cos I've got to take car in get my airbag system checked out.....

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thats interesting, never heard of that.....
Given me an idea though....can we turf over them?

Yep, a number of years ago I learned it from a Swedish daytime TV presenter when she took me on a private tour of the studio. Which was broadcast from a real house & garden UK's "big breakfast" set style, with a control room for production.. This was all based near Vaasa in Finland.

Use natural yoghurt..!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Arks now have heating and lights, lots of straw inside for comfy beds, so ready for inhabitation. I guess we could turf them over but I think they will make a bright sight on a dull day,
@chris lowe No bees yet, not till the end of summer, moving them now not a good idea as not enough wild flowers to feed them and they will be stocking their larders for the winter, and only if you take them under your wing, pun intended, as I'm allergic to stingy things.
@Sable_Jan , no idea where the beer smell came from, shed was locked tight when son and I left last night, we will have to get RRB to put up that notice board, have left phone numbers for vets, farriers and farmer on pad in left top dresser drawer.
No they aren't the ceramic eggs, wrong colour and much lighter, its surprising how much those ceramic eggs weigh, found two more when I peeped in, so have put them in the egg rack with the others, someone is going to have a nice eggy meal.
@Jaylee We'd need a hell of a lot of Yog, are you offering to do the job.
Ok that's me done here for now, windows on night lock, lights on auto, cupboard door open in case it gets chilly, wood basket full,

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yep, a number of years ago I learned it from a Swedish daytime TV presenter when she took me on a private tour of the studio. Which was broadcast from a real house & garden UK's "big breakfast" set style, with a control room for production.. This was all based near Vaasa in Finland.

Use natural yoghurt..!
Has a lot of uses does that natural yoghurt ;)
Do you fancy doing the job for us? Free food and beverages ...

S

Sable_Jan

Arks now have heating and lights, lots of straw inside for comfy beds, so ready for inhabitation. I guess we could turf them over but I think they will make a bright sight on a dull day,
@chris lowe No bees yet, not till the end of summer, moving them now not a good idea as not enough wild flowers to feed them and they will be stocking their larders for the winter, and only if you take them under your wing, pun intended, as I'm allergic to stingy things.
@Sable_Jan , no idea where the beer smell came from, shed was locked tight when son and I left last night, we will have to get RRB to put up that notice board, have left phone numbers for vets, farriers and farmer on pad in left top dresser drawer.
No they aren't the ceramic eggs, wrong colour and much lighter, its surprising how much those ceramic eggs weigh, found two more when I peeped in, so have put them in the egg rack with the others, someone is going to have a nice eggy meal.
@Jaylee We'd need a hell of a lot of Yog, are you offering to do the job.
Ok that's me done here for now, windows on night lock, lights on auto, cupboard door open in case it gets chilly, wood basket full,
You've been so busy,at the shed again SD... Won't have chance to get over again myself so glad you done all pickings up etc.. rehoming pair of doggies tonight as long as home check goes ok..

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well have finished all the bits and bobs for now, give those poochies a big hug from me and keeping everything crossed for them in their new home, won't be here tomorrow, well maybe for a quick cuppa lunchtime, :nailbiting:

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Well have finished all the bits and bobs for now, give those poochies a big hug from me and keeping everything crossed for them in their new home, won't be here tomorrow, well maybe for a quick cuppa lunchtime, :nailbiting:
Thank you :)
Have a nice day tomo whatever you are doing....mega rest after all shed work :eek: