Lost My Way

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya folks, I have not been on the forum for long time. Just been able to access it now. I'm pleased. As I was doing well when first diagnosed as T2 , a year last April. With the help of the forum. Then could not get back on. I had lost my way by not sticking to my new way of eating. By eating far too màny carbs, not testing as often as I should, as it became far too expensive to test.

Hopefully I will come back on the straight and narrow. I tested my BG it was 5.9 in the afternoon, when I bought new strips.
Breakfast i had bacon and egg on buttered small slice of wholemeal bread, and copious amount of tea, lactose free semi skimmed milk.
Need to test again, home made thick veg and chicken soup, thickened with coconut cream. then melon.

I lost 2 stone in weight more or less have kept the weight off. I really need to lose more, say another stone.
Hopefully this will be a new start again.

Thanks for listening x

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hear you. Two stone is impressive. Look again at the bread since most T2's can't deal with it whatever colour it is. You don't have to ***** foot with semi skimmed milk either since it's no help. Have the whole milk and enjoy.

Reactions: 2 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went off the wagon too... I think the best to go back on it is this forum...

Reactions: 4 people

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your replies, thanks catinthhat, mehh and squire, definitely need to jump back onto the wagon. Ditch the bread again and control my portions again. After eating my main meal, my BG was far too high approx 2hrs later, a whopping 8.2. I have some work to do, to reduce my numbers again.
A new chapter x

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back. Did you ever go camping like you were planning to last year?
You'll soon be back on track.

Reactions: 2 people

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Gezzabelle, well remembered Deejay, I did and a few more since. I have met loads of new campiñg friends. I have been to Wales, Morecambe, Yorkshire, camped over the New Year, went up to Glencoe for a week in the February. Had a fabulous time, meeting up with a group of 15 people, met up again in Yorkshire. I'm going tomorrow for a few days, to help me get back on track. I'm going to Beddgelert, great place, with some good walking, hopefully this will keep me focus. Weather doesn't seem too bad, hopefully
There are a few pitches still left.

Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What matters is not that you lost your way, but that you've found your way back, so welcome!

Robbity

Reactions: 9 people

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
I'm bk on low carb as well from today

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hadn't been quite as successful while camping, however, since I've been back, I have managed to bring my fasting BG down the last 2 mornings. This morning it was 5.5, after work 5.7 then zoomed to 7.3. Wheatmeal tortilla with ham, salad filling and alpro almond yogurt with BlackBerry and strawberry. I think that was too much.
Yesterday 5.9 before bed 6.7.
Makes it difficult when the rest of the family like carb fueled foods.