How much weight have YOU lost?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Big milestone for me today - my weight loss has tipped over 40kg (40.1kg to be precise), which is 6st 4.5lb

That means I've lost a third of what I weighed in November or to put it another way, back in November I weighed 50% more than I weigh now.

My BMI is down from 36.9 to 24.6, my waist is down from 44" to 32" and my neck is down from 18.5" to 16"

When I was first diagnosed in November, the light at the end of the tunnel was very dim, but I headed for it anyway and now it's burning brightly :)

Wow! I hope you've bought some new trousers along the way!!

Really well done Phil. That's a mahooooosive achievement, equating to 16 large bags of spuds in my supermarket. I bet you couldn't lift it up today, never mind carry it around 24/7!

Reactions: 6 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I went to surgery for monthly weigh in. Lost 1.6kg this month despite eating/drinking too much on holiday last week. That's 18kg since November. Course Dr says it's not enough.
Very well done

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Big milestone for me today - my weight loss has tipped over 40kg (40.1kg to be precise), which is 6st 4.5lb

That means I've lost a third of what I weighed in November or to put it another way, back in November I weighed 50% more than I weigh now.

My BMI is down from 36.9 to 24.6, my waist is down from 44" to 32" and my neck is down from 18.5" to 16"

When I was first diagnosed in November, the light at the end of the tunnel was very dim, but I headed for it anyway and now it's burning brightly :)
Wow excellent work phil

Reactions: 4 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! I hope you've bought some new trousers along the way!!

Really well done Phil. That's a mahooooosive achievement, equating to 16 large bags of spuds in my supermarket. I bet you couldn't lift it up today, never mind carry it around 24/7!

Thanks! Yeah - I've got a whole new wardrobe now as I've gone from XXL to Medium :)

It does make you realise just how much it is when you put it in "bags of spuds" - there's no way I'd want to carry 16 bags of spuds around but as you say, I was doing that 24x7 less than a year ago!

Merrylizard1314

Very well done phil.
It is never easy, but if you take the road you know you ought to take, and keep on it, sooner or later you will make progress! And you have, too!
Enjoy your new trousers and be sure to give the old ones away. You are never going back there, are you - I can tell!

Reactions: 5 people

Ailidh

Began weightloss campaign June 1st.
Fasting bloodtest June 5th. Don't know what it was, just got a text to come back for:
HbA1c test June 10th
T2 diagnosis by phone June 15th

To press have lost 27.2lbs. A long way to go but that's 26% of what I want to lose, and 11% of my body weight. Guessing that has to be good!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So far I have lost 30 kgs, only 11 more to go. On the upside my last HbA1c result was 34.

Reactions: 9 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I have went from 105kg to a more respectable 88kg since diagnosis and feel better now.

Reactions: 14 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1 stone 6 pounds and got my BMI down from 25.1 to 21.9 :D Gone from 11 stone 2 pounds to 9 stone 10 pounds since May 1st :)

Reactions: 13 people

dizzydiana

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
30 Kg since the start of the new year. MInd you, at the weight I was I could still eat 2000 cals per day and still be 1500 cal short of my minimum requirement. It's got difficult now as I am having to increase exercise and decrease food substantially to get any progress. Mind you, bloods are now all very low so, it does work. I want to lose 20 Kg more, possibly 30 Kg as a sort of consolidation and a buffer zone.

Best of all, my sweet tooth has gone. Apples, pears, tomatoes etc are all very sweet for me now. I steer clear of pineapple, grapes, melon etc.
Hi well done I'm just 2 months diagnosed with type 2 diabetes so everything is up in the air for me . I'm obese and need to lose weight I noticed you cut out pineapple grapes melon why??

Reactions: 2 people

dizzydiana

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have lost 7 Kilos since July and feeling great, blood sugar is more often than not with guidelines so I am happy right now. Will have to wait until my next Hba1c test mid October.
That's brilliant news is that achieved with diet alone or with exercise??

Reactions: 4 people

dizzydiana

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I looked up my records in order to reply. Since diagnosis in 2009 I have lost 11Kgs. Most of this was during this year. The funny thing is that I did not set out to lose weight but just find out what I shouldn't eat.

An update after my review weighing on 21 Oct 2013. I have now lost 13 Kg.

The weight loss just happened all on its own.
That's great any tips as I'm looking to lose 5kg at least

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's great any tips as I'm looking to lose 5kg at least

Compared to some of the members of this site your 5Kg can almost be regarded as loose change. However, all I did was use a meter to find out which foods gave me a blood glucose spike and then didn't eat that again (or at least cut down). Looking to simplify the process I looked for a common factor and found that if something had flour or sugar in it then it would be best if I didn't eat it or at least cut down on it. I didn't find a problem with this even though the most significant thing I had to give up was bread.

One thing to watch for is that some foods contain flour and/or sugar but it might not be obvious. Very often these foods don't look like part of an animal and are covered in breadcrumbs. Goujon, dippers, nuggets, kievs, fish cakes, fish fingers, etc are often cut with flour and if they don't taste nice sugar is added.

Fewer potatoes and smaller portions of rice. Weight loss might not be quick but can be speeded up if you take a walk every day.

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
1st 2lb for me since may 15th :D:D:D

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just calculated that for now I've lost 17kg over 17 weeks! Funny :) It wasn't a regular "kg per week" loss, however - I weigh myself monthly, and one month the scale had not moved at all (which was quite discouraging at the time).

Down from almost 40 BMI to 34ish... I'd say it's over 1/3 of total weight loss needed to get within a normal range BMI.

Reactions: 9 people