First review after starting LCHF

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I have just returned from my first review since adopting the LCHF diet and stopping the statins.
The HbA1c result at my last review was 59, now it is 35 and although the total cholesterol has risen from 3•2 to 5•3, the LDL and trig levels have remained the same with only the HDL showing a rise.
I know you can't tell from my picture but I am grinning like a fool.:D

Reactions: 19 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant, you've worked hard to achieve this :) Well done. Was your doctor pleased?

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
I have just returned from my first review since adopting the LCHF diet and stopping the statins.
The HbA1c result at my last review was 59, now it is 35 and although the total cholesterol has risen from 3•2 to 5•3, the LDL and trig levels have remained the same with only the HDL showing a rise.
I know you can't tell from my picture but I am grinning like a fool.:D

Fantastic news @catinahat. Your hard work has been rewarded with such a great A1c result. Delighted for you. X

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Brilliant, you've worked hard to achieve this :) Well done. Was your doctor pleased?
Thanks zand.
The review was with the practice nurse, she asked how I had managed to get such good control. I explained how I use my (self funded) meter to discover which foods I can tolerate and that I was on a LCHF diet, she was amazed that I had lowered my HbA1c, lost weight and improved my HDL cholesterol by eating a high fat diet.

Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
That's great @catinahat, and hopefully another 'enlightened' DN even if she can't (yet) formally recommend it to others.