Day 1 - Newcastle Diet - Take two!

Polly99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning forum,
I'm going to try and keep a diary on here to keep me on track.

I followed Geordie when he did his ND a couple of years ago and I managed to do the whole 8 weeks and had fantastic results. However when I finished the 8 weeks I had no plan other than a vague thought of doing 5:2. Ultimately that didn't happen and most of the weight has gone back on but worst of all my bs is far worse than before.

So this morning I weighed 13-13 and my reading was 17.7

Using Slim Fast and will have my 240 g of veg at night.

Would love some company!

Reactions: 4 people

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck Pollyz Use the success you had last time as the motivation to do it.

I'm just over 5 weeks into a real food ND. Have lost 15lb since starting it (28 altogether since diagnosis at Easter.) My FBG are consistently in low 5s now and sometimes in 4s and I don't seem to get liver dump in the morning anymore. Before ND, FBGs were in 6s with liver dump putting them up to 7s before breakfast.

Post meal results are still higher than they should be if I eat many carbs so the pancreas still has some fat to lose. I would guesstimate I have at most a few pounds to lose as there is still a little fat on my stomach, although not much. I am, at most, 7lb off the weight I was when I was going out clubbing in hot pants and a bra when I was 20! Lol Not sure if it is achievable to get down to that but Prof Taylor seems to suggest it is that sort of leanness we should be aiming for. I plan to start exercising once I've finished ND and hope this will help to keep the weight off. At the moment I only really walk the dog so need to start doing some more and toning up.

Reactions: 6 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best for nd. Since you have already done it once I am sure you know it is possible.

Reactions: 2 people

Polly99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys, 13-11 this morning and 10.9 fasting bs, so already feeling so much better for getting back on track. We're away this weekend but will take powder with me and see how it goes.

Perfect Storm, well done on your weight loss and especially doing the ND on real food, are you low carbing or just low calorie?
I think you're right to keep pushing for that final half stone off, Prof Taylor does seem to really advocate being at the lower end of BMI.