Good to go

pamital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So because I'm on gliclazide, I realised I had to get checked out by my nurse first. I was on 2 a day (plus metformin) but because my hba1c is now 7.8, (down from 11.5 in November) I've to take only 1.
We had a good chat and I told her I was going to the diet. She is pleased with my enthusiasm and agreed that if it has come down again by the end of the 8 weeks (which is my next check up anyway), she will reduce my meds again. I'm delighted because I know that this will definitely be the case.
I did it for a couple of days last week to see if I could cope with it on nightshift and it went fine.
I'll be starting it full throttle on Sunday.
Cannot wait.

Reactions: 6 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well done for taking the bull by the horns and having a go of taking ccontrol for your life. If there is any support we can provide then please let us know

pamital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I'm on day 5. Feel fine although I seem to have a bit of upset tummy after every time I take my metformin or gliclazide. I'm hoping it'll pass but everything's going straight through me . Today I've bought a couple of lighter life meals about 200 cals each to see if that helps.
I'll keep an eye but may need to contact my nurse after the weekend to discuss. Think it'll pass though.
I may have just 2 shakes a day plus a bar or low carb meal/bar.
On the plus side, my BG is 5 every day.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
it
So I'm on day 5. Feel fine although I seem to have a bit of upset tummy after every time I take my metformin or gliclazide. I'm hoping it'll pass but everything's going straight through me . Today I've bought a couple of lighter life meals about 200 cals each to see if that helps.
I'll keep an eye but may need to contact my nurse after the weekend to discuss. Think it'll pass though.
I may have just 2 shakes a day plus a bar or low carb meal/bar.
On the plus side, my BG is 5 every day.
may be the metformin and lack of food/glucose for it to interact with. Have you been testing your blood glucose levels as you fast? Lower levels will give you evidence to have a discussion with your nurse about lowering you met levels prior to the next appt date.

katyb42

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Completed 56 days of ND yesterday lost 12.2 kgs. Fasting levels between 4.6 and 5.2 . 2hours after eating less than 6.1. Still have some weight to loose,have a week before going on holiday to start to eat , but cautiously. Don't want to undo my efforts.

Reactions: 4 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
well done - remember it takes you body a couple of weeks to really get back to handling food (and carbs esp) again. I suggest you do not test after meals in this period as you BG levels may go unexpectedly higher than you expect for a few days.

Reactions: 2 people

pamital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, I didn't manage to remain on the diet a couple of months ago as I had too many things going on and I knew I wouldn't stick to it. So here I am, starting again. Day one. Surprisingly simple so far but I know this will probably change. Wish me luck! I'm going to do it for the 7 weeks leading up to the festive season then start again the 2nd week in January (post birthday). I know I can do this. I love getting inspiration from you guys. I'm going to look at making some soups etc on my days off too