hobbies

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. My hobbies are swimming, gardening, knitting (just knitting my second gansey), crosswords , visiting new places in the motor home and sodukus. :)

M

mrspuddleduck

I like walking, doing jisaws, reading, puzzling and have just discovered colouring for grown ups, very intricate patterns. I think I will just have 15 mins and end up 2hours later still at it, very calming. I have just finished three Mandala and will put them in frames for my bedroom.I also like crochet but my favourite is my grandchildren

Oh @poohtiggy what have you done! Went out and bought a colouring book to try - havnt done any housework for a week!!! Now that's what I call therapy, I'm hooked!!! :D Sue xxxx

Reactions: 3 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Oh @poohtiggy what have you done! Went out and bought a colouring book to try - havnt done any housework for a week!!! Now that's what I call therapy, I'm hooked!!! :D Sue xxxx
So pleased you're enjoying it, after my first buy I got nothing done for days. I have just done three mandala and am going to frame them to go in my bedroom when it's decorated. I now have three books and get spoiled for choice, keep on enjoying

Reactions: 2 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Well I used to play 5 a side football but don't anymore
I like Tennis, Squash & Badminton but far less often than I used too
Tae Kwon Do - again not anymore
Lake District walks, not the peaks anymore, but love the lakeshore path around Buttermere which on a good day is hard to beat
Gardening but I really need to be in the zone to get things done, I love feeding the birds and enjoy them visiting

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Cumberland . Interesting to read about the birds. We have a house martins nest for the first time in the eave above the front door. It is wonderful watching the speed and efficiency with which they build their nest. I have to keep washing the front step but it is well worth it as it is great to see the parents flying in and out and hear the chicks. :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello @Cumberland . Interesting to read about the birds. We have a house martins nest for the first time in the eave above the front door. It is wonderful watching the speed and efficiency with which they build their nest. I have to keep washing the front step but it is well worth it as it is great to see the parents flying in and out and hear the chicks. :)

I go mad buying bird food and get a good range of sunflower seeds, sunflower hearts, nyger seeds, nuts, suet pellets, suet blocks, mealworms and buy the cheap bread from Asda along with cheap rich tea biscuits, rice crispies, I throw out chopped bacon rind past their best apples and pears and other scraps too, I don't buy mixed seeds as I don't like the grassy mess it makes.
I get a good mix of birds coming to the garden, it Is always great to see them

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow you really do look after your feathered friends. Smashing :)