Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought 14 yesterday and put them in the freezer. :)

I plan to go once a week now and get 7 to top up my stock :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought 14 yesterday and put them in the freezer. :)

I plan to go once a week now and get 7 to top up my stock :rolleyes:
Great minds think alike Jim....that is exactly what I do :D...**runs to freezer to check numbers**.....:eek::eek: Only 8 left....** makes note to self.....be at Lidl bright and early tomorrow ** :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went out for a meal last night to 'celebrate' reaching 68 (don't know how that happened), anyway DIL said she was going to Lidl in Melton Mowbray and did I want some special rolls, she bought 20 rolls this morning and said there were lots more there, I've had to clear a shelf in the freezer, I'm going to need a bigger one at this rate.

Reactions: 8 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went out for a meal last night to 'celebrate' reaching 68 (don't know how that happened), anyway DIL said she was going to Lidl in Melton Mowbray and did I want some special rolls, she bought 20 rolls this morning and said there were lots more there, I've had to clear a shelf in the freezer, I'm going to need a bigger one at this rate.
Lol....Congrats on reaching 68 :D....hope you reach many more numbers much higher than that. I know the feeling...I am gradually taking over my freezer with rolls...I get a bit jittery when the numbers drop and now keep a 2 week supply topped up regularly. My Lidl used to have plenty most days but now the word is out how yummy they are and it's not unusual to find the basket empty. Hubby was there at 8.30 this morning and there were only 10 in the basket....he snaffled 6 for me to top up my hoard :D (no room in the freezer for any more than 6 grrr )

A

Avocado Sevenfold

These rolls are great. I like slicing them thinly into soldiers as you get so many from one roll! Recently I made toasted soldiers and dipped them into baked camembert, sprinkled with gremolata and a squeeze of lime juice. Long live Lidl :D

Reactions: 8 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
These rolls are great. I like slicing them thinly into soldiers as you get so many from one roll! Recently I made toasted soldiers and dipped them into baked camembert, sprinkled with gremolata and a squeeze of lime juice. Long live Lidl :D
I hear you on that ...Long live Lidl.....:D...hadn't thought of soldiers to dip in my egg....Attention!!!!! soldiers at arms and on parade :D

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thinking of making garlic soldiers to go with my tomato and basil soup tonight. My last roll.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thinking of making garlic soldiers to go with my tomato and basil soup tonight. My last roll.
Your LAST ROLL???????.................get down to Lidl pronto....you should NEVER be down to your last roll ...good grief,.....get a grip and btw...omg those garlic soldiers sound divine :D

Reactions: 7 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

lol I've only got a wee freezer, plus I'm trying not to get hooked :dead: Has anyone on this thread managed to nobble a baker yet for the recipe? I have seen the ingredients listed online, but think we may need the ratios in case they discontinue them (heaven forbid).

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
lol I've only got a wee freezer, plus I'm trying not to get hooked :dead: Has anyone on this thread managed to nobble a baker yet for the recipe? I have seen the ingredients listed online, but think we may need the ratios in case they discontinue them (heaven forbid).
They buy them in part baked and frozen and don't even mention the word discontinue...life would be wretched without them. I doubt they would give out the recipe sadly and hopefully discontinuing them won't be an option as they are so very popular now the word is out how much they benefit us....body builders also love them so maybe, just maybe they will be baked for a long time to come

A

Avocado Sevenfold

What about the poor souls who can't get to a store? With a recipe they could share in the joy! Maybe someone clever could work it out one day :writer: (It won't be me btw, linseeds hate me!)

Water, Linseeds, Wheat Protein, Soya Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Sesame, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Bran, Oat Fiber, Yeast, Salt, Colouring Spice Extracts (Curcuma).

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What about the poor souls who can't get to a store? With a recipe they could share in the joy! Maybe someone clever could work it out one day :writer: (It won't be me btw, linseeds hate me!)

Water, Linseeds, Wheat Protein, Soya Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Sesame, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Bran, Oat Fiber, Yeast, Salt, Colouring Spice Extracts (Curcuma).

Yuch !!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I am guessing you didn't read the ingredients in the LivLife bread before writing to Waitrose asking them to stock it ;)

No I didn't... Hands up guilty m'lord!! Its only since finding out that my stomach and body doesn't tolerate bread, pasta and realusing the pain for 2 decades has been tbe added chemically mixes that I know how bad this stuff has been for my health...

Never ate alot anyway, but am now realusing just how good I feel without "extra" ingredients. I haven't felt this well probably since my prior to my diagnosis 30+ years ago and I look at ingredients lists nowadays and realise just how much unnatural processed goodies are in them and how badly they affected my pain and brain.

It would scare me now to look at the ingredients on that bread!!!

Go on... Post it and give me nightmares... Thankfully out of a loaf of it I would only have ended up with a slice.. It waa getting hubby on to low carbs being the biggest cause of the liv life...

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@scottish-jim Yes **** them....now everyone is buying them grrrr.....the baskets are always empty or just one or two in them....am having to use stealth tactics and can often be found lurking, spying round corners to see the baker fill the basket up and then pounce, panther like, to grab the lot and run for the checkout before security arrest me as a suspected shop lifter due to the lurking etc
low carb and exercise combined. Nice!

Murph28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You won't be saying that once you taste them ;)
You are soooooooo right I take it all back .... for 'blame' you need to read 'thanks'!!! They are as good as you've all been saying. A whole one is very filling, now we'll wait and see what it does to the BS

Reactions: 2 people