Tablets (oral)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1438469924.250829.jpg

Beautiful walk, 7.9 before...14 after. I just don't get it

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Gorgeous view again. Sounds like it could be that your body sees this as a stressed at the mo. The good thing is that you are aware of it.
Some type 2s try to see off a liver dump by eating before hand (your mileage may vary as the say). They try different types of snacks - some use a carb snack, others use a handful of nuts. Then they test like you do to check the effects.
How long did it take to drop back down?

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn't really drop until after food. Will have a look at that soon as I find my eyes, lol

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @P1ckle I find that a brisk walk drops my BG levels to the floor such that my liver has to provide me with more continuously. If you have a lot of insulin resistance then this will cause your BG levels to raise as your muscle will be screaming for energy and ignoring the insulin until you get high levels, which equates to high BG levels.

However, the exercise will wake up the muscle cells and will reduce your insulin resistance for the rest of the day. Additionally strengthening the muscle and building more muscle will decrease your insulin resistance log term.

There is a gentle balancing act between not doing too much to start with and doing enough to have an effect. Alternatively, just ignore it all and enjoy the view.

Reactions: 3 people

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and thanks Andrew. I need to keep the exercise going, so good to hear it will still be a good thing