Diabetic meetup 3, 1st of August, Richmond Park

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great pics Ewelina! I can't believe you got so close to the deer!
Hope you had a wonderful walk - I know there were a few local peeps who were hoping to join you - I don't know if they made it....?
Glad the weather stayed fine for you, and please keep in touch. You 're welcome to visit the TeamBG office in Nottingham any time for a coffee and a chat. :)
Thank you :) Nottingham quite far away but we are planning to go there in February to People Living With Diabetes Conference 2016. That will be a great opportunity to meet you in person:)
We had a really good walk. Richmond Park is amazing and the deer really friendly. I think we were all from the forum here but I hope we can get some more people in the future :)

Reactions: 2 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fantastic @ewelina!
Hopefully we can get some peeps along to one of your other events, or failing that TeamBG sponsor and support the #gbdoc conference, so we'll all be there. We very much look forward to meeting you all. Beckyx :)

CapnGrumpy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Chris, sorry you had to leave early. We'll have to do it again some time - it's a nice walk.

Thanks Ewelina for organising this and Robert and Aoife for making it a lovely day out.

Reactions: 4 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. Looked great! Sorry I missed it.

What's the plan for the 26th :)

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all. Looked great! Sorry I missed it.

What's the plan for the 26th :)
Not sure yet. Aoife suggested Carpenters Arms in Tottenham. There is a roof garden:) We still have plenty of till September.
Hope moving house is going smooth

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not sure yet. Aoife suggested Carpenters Arms in Tottenham. There is a roof garden:) We still have plenty of till September.
Hope moving house is going smooth
Near Tottenham Court Road, not in Tottenham! I'm not brave enough to venture into Tottenham! http://www.thecarpentersarmsw1.co.uk/
Lovely day yesterday although my legs ache a bit today and have a comedy patch of sunburn to deal with
Lovely to see you all and I'm looking forward to September

Reactions: 6 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Legs very achy today and a touch of comedy-sunburn too.

I did a rough trace on google maps which showed that we walked about 8 miles, including to and from the station.

The Carpenter's Arms looks less exhausting ;)

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey hey,
I've put the 26th in my diary, but if anyone remembers when the next thread goes up could someone tag me? I don't have much time to log on a lot atm and I don't want to miss it :)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey hey,
I've put the 26th in my diary, but if anyone remembers when the next thread goes up could someone tag me? I don't have much time to log on a lot atm and I don't want to miss it :)
Will do

Nafu9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just out of curiosity, is there any more word on a September meet? Cheers!

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Ewelina is on holiday at the moment but am sure as soon as she is back the ball will start rolling

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Heya :) Back to London tomorrow and will post it over the weekend. it will be 26th