My fruit trees

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have two Ballerina apple trees and one pear and over the years they have produced perhaps 10 apples and four pears. This year, however, they are covered in fruit. As I was diagnosed in March this year they are mocking my diabetes.

Reactions: 7 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The polite name is Murphy's law. I have a greengage (banned) and blackcurrant (cautious consumption). The apricot I have despaired of fruiting so it's not so bad. We are about to buy a house with an orchard of 3 Bramleys and 2 pear trees. Ho hum.
Just think how much damage you might have done to yourself if you hadn't found the forum!
Er, does that help at all?

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have 5 apple , 2 pears, and 2 plum trees I manage to eat a little of there offerings and give a lot of it away along with strawberries gooseberries black currants red currants and raspberries I never know what I should have so I have a little and every one else get lots :(

Reactions: 2 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hubby used to eat most of our apples. This year it seems the winter apples will yield astonishingly and I'm on my own now. I might try to sell most of them.

Come to think of it, has anyone made wine from apples?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Totto sorry for your loss x

Apple cider vinegar production might be a good way to use up apples and may even lower bg levels. Has anyone tried making their own?

Reactions: 4 people

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel your pain. We have a pinot noir grape vine, two Brown Turkey fig trees, blackberry straggler and three olive trees in our garden.

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Get a log burner, that way the trees come in handy for a while at least!