Hey hey hey guys :) Does your diabetes ever affect you at school/in exams?

Geo14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was really worried about my exams this year because they were mostly all in the morning and my blood sugars are all over the place in the morning but I managed to get through them fine luckily.

And I would love to meet some friends on here :D

Reactions: 8 people

Ilana

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I'm glad you're exams went OK, I'm in the middle of my exams too. What subjects are you taking? I'll be your friend :)

It might be too late for you to apply this year, but if you haven't already, you can go to your exams administrator in your school and ask for extra time and rest breaks. I have 25% extra time for my A- Levels regardless of what my blood sugar is like and I get a 45 minute rest break if I get a hypo during an exam. Also, stress can cause high blood sugar levels so you can try adjusting your long acting insulin to stop prevent high blood sugar during an exam, you just need to check it more throughout the rest of the day. Good luck with everything :p

Reactions: 4 people

Geo14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is so cool. Yeah I should have spoke to someone about extra time but it is indeed too late now. At the minute I study chemistry, biology, maths and French. How about yourself? And sure I shall be your friend too :)

Beth_Robinson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As well as the 25% extra time & rest breaks you can apply for an extra percentage if there were circumstances which affected your performance - i.e. erratic blood sugars :) I just finished my A levels too, hope yours went well, feel free to message me any time :)

Geo14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As well as the 25% extra time & rest breaks you can apply for an extra percentage if there were circumstances which affected your performance - i.e. erratic blood sugars :) I just finished my A levels too, hope yours went well, feel free to message me any time :)

Haha thanks and I shall try to figure out how to send a message :)