Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hip hop
7.8 this morning my average over 7 days is 8 Is this good or bad

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya. Is that trending down or up over the last few weeks? There's no single answer because we're all at different stages. My own targets are slightly lower.
How are you getting on with the low-carb thing? Or not?

BigAl57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hip hop
I am trying to follow low carb diet and have lost a few pounds the metformin gives me an upset tummy will to go to see the doc if there is an alternative

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Weren't you given a full rundown on introduction to the forum? That would have included advice about BS levels.

If you rcvd them, then read it

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weren't you given a full rundown on introduction to the forum? That would have included advice about BS levels.

If you rcvd them, then read it

Doesnt cover 7 day rolling averages is if I recall?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If your average of 8 was true and that was your real mean value then you would expect an HbA1c of 49 mmol/mol

However, you will have missed many peaks and troughs so I will ask this question: How has your average changed over the last few weeks? If it has been improving then you can expect an improvement.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am trying to follow low carb diet and have lost a few pounds the metformin gives me an upset tummy will to go to see the doc if there is an alternative
If you're not already on the slow release (SR) Metformin ask to be changed to it. It's much easier on the tum. It's more expensive so if necessary be prepared to be a little persistent! You might also try reducing your carbs intake a bit as too many can also aggrevate any upsets.

Robbity

BigAl57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hip hop
Thanks for all your answers at my last blood test my hb1ac was 62 so it looks like I am improving

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
When Is your next hba1c ? If it is a long time in future then as the surgery for an earlier one to see how your efforts are progressing