Omnipod or tubed medtronic???

shelbyyyy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so torn between which one to choose as my first pump I like them both I just wanted some other people's opinions on what they have or have tried, I have benefits and negatives for both help please!!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
If you want to use sensors at some point then go for the Medtronic :)

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have omnipod (as my first pump) and I absolutely love it. I'm a rower, so needed to be waterproof, which narrowed the choice a bit, and I'd always been a bit iffy about the idea of tubes, so the omnipod was the obvious one for me. I can't recommend it enough :)

shelbyyyy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried the tubed one and I was set on that and I've had the omnipod on for a few days and now I love it I have to give my decision tomorrow and I just can't decide, in worried that you will be able to see the omnipod through my jeans because I wear super skinny ones ugh I'm stuck

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I tried the tubed one and I was set on that and I've had the omnipod on for a few days and now I love it I have to give my decision tomorrow and I just can't decide, in worried that you will be able to see the omnipod through my jeans because I wear super skinny ones ugh I'm stuck
In that case go for the Medtronic, it's waterproof and the cannulas are flat against the skin.

Reactions: 2 people

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am due to get my pump in october and i wish i was given the choice, I think the omnipod would suit me better than the medtronic due to the cannula but I have just be told this is the on you get.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I am due to get my pump in october and i wish i was given the choice, I think the omnipod would suit me better than the medtronic due to the cannula but I have just be told this is the on you get.
There are different cannulas that you can try with the Medtronic, so you can see which one suits you best of all.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hope it all goes well @shelbyyyy, I've been using the Omnipod Pump for the last 6 months and can't praise it enough, a few niggle problems at the start but nothing too bad.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Congrats :), hope it really helps you in your daily life

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
i have recently decided on an omnipod too and should be getting it at the end of september --
do keep posting @shelbyyyy - let us know how you progress
i am really excited as well.

Reactions: 2 people