One for the ladies!!

Heatherlou18

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wednesdays
I have type one with average control and my periods stopped last November - I'm not pregnant! Does anyone know if there are links to hormones with diabetes and if it can be reversed? I need to fix this as mood swings are still there and testing boyfriends patience! Was on cerelle but stopped the spring before the periods stopped..

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have never heard of a connection between diabetes and missed periods. This is a question for your GP.

The only thing I know of that can cause periods to stop in someone your age is too much weight loss. Whether or not you have lost weight, you should see your GP to find out what's going on.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi Heatherlou18
not a direct link but stress could be playing a part -- you say average control but are you tightly controlled around your average or does your average arrive from a lot of highs and lows ?
am tagging some lovely friends who may have more direct insight @mammamia2006 , @Mrsass

all the best

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Any significant change in periods should be discussed with a doctor, to check there isn't something serious going on.

M

mammamia2006

I would definitely advise going to see your GP, even when my control was terrible, periods still came like clockwork.

As said above, too much weight loss and stress can be a cause but definitely speak to GP.

Reactions: 2 people