C-sections

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arogance, Bullies, Rudeness, Discrimination towards diabetes
I'm 30 weeks now, if i was to ask for a planned c-section (alot of people in my family have had pregnancy complications) and also cause of my joint problems would they likely to let me have one?

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a planned section when I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes (I'm now type 2).

The consultant didn't want me to go beyond due date and suggestion inducing 2 days before. I mentioned c section and the consultant said it was my decision. I was expecting some resistance but there wasn't any. I couldn't decide what to do so we agreed that I would be booked in for section but see how favourable I was for being induced successfully (Bishop's score) in the days leading up to it. When my Bishop's score remained low, I had the c section I was booked in for.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey maryamy

This is a tricky question to answer , I think you would be better of asking your team that are looking after you .
As they know your situation inside out , and they would be able to advise you a lot better on what you could have .

Hope everything goes well for you x

Reactions: 2 people

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey,

Well being that your diabetic you should get the choice, they offered me and elected c-section or natural birth, the only pregnancy complication was my diabetes, he was measuring a little bigger and was born at 37 weeks.

Your team can advice you on what's best to do and what they think will work best.
Xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The only thing you can do is discuss it with your team as they know you best, and may also have different policies than other hospitals.

I thought I'd have a C section and was expecting the consultant to suggest one, but when we discussed it she was quite reluctant and explained the cons, for the baby as well as myself, and that she wouldn't do one before 39 weeks anyway. She didn't refuse, but I went away, thought about what she said, researched and changed my mind. I was induced.

Speak to your consultant and seek their advice :)

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
They told me i've got to have a c-section without me having any say which in a way is a big relief :)
They've booked an elective c-section for the 24th September

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They told me i've got to have a c-section without me having any say which in a way is a big relief :)
They've booked an elective c-section for the 24th September

Really good news that is has gone the way you wanted it too ,
Must be exciting to know your nearly there :p , do you know what your having ?

Best of luck , x

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Very excited :D
I'm having a little boy x

Reactions: 6 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very excited :D
I'm having a little boy x

Oh wow even more exciting you know what your having .
Can't wait for you to come back and tell us all about it and to introduce your little boy :)
Not long now

x

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
5 weeks to go I expect it will go so slowly x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5 weeks to go I expect it will go so slowly x

Wow not long at all , I really hope it doesn't go too slow for you , but it always seems to drag when you've nearly done it . So exciting your nearly ready to meet him :p
How are you feeling about going for c - section , I know it was your preferred choice to have section , but just in general now you have your date ?
x

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm really nervous too be honest x

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I'm going to be booked in around then for my section too (twins). I've had one section already (emergency) but still feeling pretty nervous about this one although I've been adamant I wanted one. Not fancying the sliding scale either (t1 on the pump) might just request glucose drip if need one that means I can keep in control.
I just hope these twinnies don't arrive much before then as my dd was born at 35w.
Just been on a trip to get some more baby essentials but can't decide on which double pram/pushchair to get.
Need to finish packing my hospital bag too with copious amounts of lucozade and snacks as was permanently hypo after section last time.

Good luck! x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm really nervous too be honest x

Hey ,
How have the last few weeks been going for you , hopefully they haven't gone to slow , the times getting nearer .
It is scary , but it's good as it's whats best for you and baby and it's also a planned c section so will be a calm situation , but is a worrying time , I had a c section with my little boy , but was emergency . The best advice I can give for afterwards is accept help and don't do to much , as I over done it and then it took longer for me to heal . :facepalm:
Yourll have to keep me updated when you can on how everything went , wishing you loads of good luck wishes . x

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know it's so scary, but it's going to be the most amazing experience you'll ever go through.
I was really surprised how I felt after my c-section, the first few days were hard but after that I was fine! just make sure you keep up with pain killers every 4 hours Evan if you feel you don't need them take them!! Otherwise you'll no about it lol
And take it easy! Try do a little as possible