What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to do what I would like to be able to do
4.5 this supposed to be warm sunny Sunday.....it's very chilly,grey,dull......won't be going to the beach today to exercise the dog!!! She's a miniature dachshund,doesn't cope with cold sea water......Lol....

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Speaking or sores when was doing some diy
A door hing went in to my leg ... Rather deep
Did not go for stitches ... Did self ... Seems to be taking a bloody long old time to heal this
But looks ?!?
View attachment 14561

Ouch, if it's warm to the touch and very sore, go to your GP asap in case of infection. Or better still, make an appointment with your surgery's nurse to give a once over. I caught my little finger in my dad's old blanket box last year and after 8 days, it was throbbing, so painful, hot and swollen, an infection set in, so I was given
antibiotics. Take care now.

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
On meds...
6 stabs a day ...one morning and night and each time I eat ...
On fixed at mo ...but do play with the volume of units .....
So hold be 7,5,5,7,7 in a day ..but may have to do adjustment ....or mass carbs in at least once a day
Or the other way where I don't eat ..and yester day was on of them
Had breakfast at 8am....no lunch ..worked in garden all day .....then did two hour radio show then eat dinner at bed at 11:30
Me not on insulin so can't imagine what you have to contend with I know you said before you are a grazer may be you should be eating regularly. That is some sore leg you have think you should bite the bullet and see someone about it. Good luck with family lol. PS not preaching.;)

Reactions: 5 people

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ouch, if it's warm to the touch and very sore, go to your GP asap in case of infection. Or better still, make an appointment with your surgery's nurse to give a once over. I caught my little finger in my dad's old blanket box last year and after 8 days, it was throbbing, so painful, hot and swollen, an infection set in, so I was given
antibiotics. Take care now.
Soon as did it .. Washed out with salt hot water then a mix of dry power anti bac an bi carb to make a seal like a stitch and let scab over ... Old field trick I found for treating sword wounds from ninjutsu lol
No pain but I def not healing as I normally do
It is raised up but no pain not hot and all fine to touch at mo
Just taking it bloody time lol

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi. Today it was 7.3 and I am happy with that, due to being ill I'd not eaten much all week.

Reactions: 2 people

AussieSmegg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morons,
Just keep on going, you'll get there so good luck and all the best :)
Thanks for the support. It really helps psychologically. For me, getting my head around a complete lifestyle change and changing habits of a lifetime has been the hardest. Unfortunately it seems that those without diabetes can only understand, to a point, what you are going through.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks for the support. It really helps psychologically. For me, getting my head around a complete lifestyle change and changing habits of a lifetime has been the hardest. Unfortunately it seems that those without diabetes can only understand, to a point, what you are going through.

After 26 years, it can still be a big pain and I just want to scream, but having support and a liile understanding from great members on here is half the battle.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Before sleep: 5.7
Fasting: 4.4

:) Breakfast without a heavy heart this morning.
Have a nice day everyone.

Reactions: 8 people