Help! I have so much weight to lose

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I had my 27th and last counselling session. :) I'll try to remember to start recording my weight loss weekly again on this thread.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well done @zand!
Really made up and it's great to see the hard work pay off!:)

Going for my GPs annual check tomorrow, to see if I've reached my target weight!

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a very long time since I posted on this thread and that's because nothing much has happened weight wise until now. I have tried various things and just had a few pounds fluctuations either way.

I have returned to LCHF after a few failed experiments with other diets. I have given up cow's dairy and have goat's cheese, butter and milk now, but nowhere near as much dairy as I used to have. I gave up my daily walk and now mix things up a bit. My plan for the immediate future is to try to walk every other day as that seems to work better for me nowadays.

My big news is that today, after all these years I am obese! So happy lol. I started this thread as morbidly obese and have been seriously obese for over 2 years. Now I'm merely obese. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My big news is that today, after all these years I am obese! So happy lol. I started this thread as morbidly obese and have been seriously obese for over 2 years. Now I'm merely obese. :)

That's great, @zand. Hadn't seen this thread before but seems you are very determined and have made great progress.

Reactions: zand and Freema

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on the bmi improvement.

God how I hate those labels "morbidly obese", "obese"! I know they are meant to be medical terminology but they are not just that are they.

I hope I have not spoilt the mood because all successes should be properly celebrated, especially after they come with hard work.

So well done again.

A lot of what we try to do is trial and error, finding ways to do what needs to be done to stay healthy in ways that fit with our lifestyle and the limitations imposed by our everyday living.

Because that is the real goal to stay healthy.

Everything else is just means to an end.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@zand I've only ever seen this thread just now for the first time - I've read your first post all the way back on page 1, and then popped here on page 86.

I am so pleased for your big news!

And would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your inspiring posts all over the forum. You absolutely rock!

:happy:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's a very long time since I posted on this thread and that's because nothing much has happened weight wise until now. I have tried various things and just had a few pounds fluctuations either way.

I have returned to LCHF after a few failed experiments with other diets. I have given up cow's dairy and have goat's cheese, butter and milk now, but nowhere near as much dairy as I used to have. I gave up my daily walk and now mix things up a bit. My plan for the immediate future is to try to walk every other day as that seems to work better for me nowadays.

Fantastic.
I've just read your post for the first time. Wow. So many similiarities to me. Eh?
I knew we had a connection. This situation is definitely it.
So are you losing by lchf with low amounts of dairy?
I'm losing due to long term metformin and good basal insulin which stops my liver constantly dumping which keeps my bgs in the 5s. I use novarapid insulin for food but now in the same usage range as type1s. I have low carb and low fat so the orilstat tablet which rejects 1/3 of fat can assist me. Im on average losing 2lb a week.
I tried without insulin but no weight loss and became ill and palpitations cause irregular fast heart beats too.
Unactive thyroid meds have been tweeked but not sleeping all through again so may need adjusting again soon.
Do you suffer with underactive thyroid @zand?
What is your weight today?
You're brilliant. A great inspiration!

Reactions: zand and Freema

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Wow @zand you are doing really well!! Brilliant :)

A lot in your first post could have been written by me and I know how hard I find it to lose any weight so, once again, WELL DONE! :happy:

Reactions: zand and Goonergal

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is brilliant news @zand I'm so pleased for you, and you deserve it because you work so hard at it and are willing to try everything. :)

Reactions: zand