EPS - Electronic Paperless Prescription Service

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
If you read below the feed back that I have placed on the website concerned you will understand me but has anyone else had this problem?
I have only just sent my feed back but as soon as I get a response I shall share it with you.

I have registered successfully with my GP practice and Pharmacy.
After my second prescription failed to arrive at the designated pharmacy I again went to my surgery to collect it.

It was waiting for me again in the normal paper form. I enquired as to why the EPS is not working for me and after a phone call was made by a practice receptionist I was told it is because I have Lancets on my repeat prescription.

This is to say the least a bit puzzling as Lancets are a prescribed item needed by my self as a diabetic to prick my finger for blood testing.

Can this be resolved please.

I can and will provide you with further information via email on your response.

Regards

Martin

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
If you read below the feed back that I have placed on the website concerned you will understand me but has anyone else had this problem?
I have only just sent my feed back but as soon as I get a response I shall share it with you.

After my second prescription failed to arrive at the designated pharmacy I again went to my surgery to collect it.

It was waiting for me again in the normal paper form. I enquired as to why the EPS is not working for me and after a phone call was made by a practice receptionist I was told it is because I have Lancets on my repeat prescription.

This is to say the least a bit puzzling as Lancets are a prescribed item needed by my self as a diabetic to prick my finger for blood testing.

Regards

Martin

My GP uses systmonline and I've ordered everything this way (including lancets) and never had a problem. Can't see why it should be an issue.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the EPS system to order supplies including lancets and so far have not had any issues with it turning up at my designated pharmacy. Hope you get it resolved soon!

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

Regards

Martin
Hello rockape37, surprised at this as I am on the EPS and I get my Lancets without problem.

Is it the surgery who are making excuses or the pharmacy? it sounds like surgery to me, and they need a 'kick up the .....' keep on at them and things might improve or have a chat with the practise manager, or move the complaint to the senior partner,,, then further on to the local commissioning group,,,, will look out for your progress, ttfn from Karen.