Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are soooooooo right I take it all back .... for 'blame' you need to read 'thanks'!!! They are as good as you've all been saying. A whole one is very filling, now we'll wait and see what it does to the BS
:D Fingers crossed for a good result. If you do get a high number try again and have just half of one ...then work up to a whole one....First one sent me up a little but now I can eat a whole one plus filling of ham, cheese, salmon or avocado and crispy bacon and only get a rise of 1.0 for the roll AND filling :)

Reactions: 2 people

Murph28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wooooo Hoooooo 5.3 pre then 6.1 post :p:happy: Looks like bacon butties are back on the breakfast menu.
You can uncross your fingers now Gezzabelle xx

Reactions: 8 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wooooo Hoooooo 5.3 pre then 6.1 post :p:happy: Looks like bacon butties are back on the breakfast menu.
You can uncross your fingers now Gezzabelle xx
Yayyy....crispy bacon or egg mayo is divine on them. So glad you got a good result....welcome to the Lidl Roll Gang :D

Reactions: 4 people

Murph28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou! It's a good gang to be a part of. If anybody had told me 4 months ago I would feel so happy to eat a bread roll I would have laughed! Little things do mean a lot:p:)

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou! It's a good gang to be a part of. If anybody had told me 4 months ago I would feel so happy to eat a bread roll I would have laughed! Little things do mean a lot:p:)
I have one every day and 2 on Sundays haha.....they changed my world when I found them cos I missed bread soooo much. Cheese on toast is no longer a thing of the past :D

NHutch26

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thanks to this thread I'm now a Lidl roll convert, I've got 12 in freezer and planning my next trip to lidl soon...eating toasted cheese is no longer a thing of the past.x

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to this thread I'm now a Lidl roll convert, I've got 12 in freezer and planning my next trip to lidl soon...eating toasted cheese is no longer a thing of the past.x
Welcome aboard the 'Addicted' bus :)

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Had my first protein roll yesterday. Plenty more in the freezer :) I didn't test before and after. Maybe I will test today. Did think it was delicious though :happy:

Reactions: 5 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yayyy....crispy bacon or egg mayo is divine on them. So glad you got a good result....welcome to the Lidl Roll Gang :D
And who I wonder @Gezzabelle might be the leader of these merry men? Are you on commision? If not you should have word with the management.

Free - collection only. Spare freezer. Anyone know would be a good place to advertise this?

Reactions: 5 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And who I wonder @Gezzabelle might be the leader of these merry men? Are you on commision? If not you should have word with the management.

Free - collection only. Spare freezer. Anyone know would be a good place to advertise this?
I'm denying everything until I speak to my lawyer....:D...commision would be good...if only :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So just been on another successful adventure to Lidl.

As I walk the 1.5 miles to my local store my mind is working overtime as I deal with the "will they or won't they have them" thoughts and anxiety. Then I have an immense feeling of relief and satisfaction that my mission was once again successful :)

7 added to my current stock :)

Reactions: 7 people

deedee

I got some of these yesterday thanks to you lovely forum folk. It means cheese and jalapeño peppers on "toast" for lunch, I am very much looking forward to it.

Reactions: 8 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So just been on another successful adventure to Lidl.

As I walk the 1.5 miles to my local store my mind is working overtime as I deal with the "will they or won't they have them" thoughts and anxiety. Then I have an immense feeling of relief and satisfaction that my mission was once again successful :)

7 added to my current stock :)
Good man Jim...another successful mission completed :D Exercise and euphoria.....it doesn't get much better than that :D My stock stands at 14 after a dawn raid on Lidls yesterday :p

Reactions: 7 people

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I bought the last remaining 2 at my local lidl this afternoon, shall try a bit of one tomorrow. Then perhaps go back first thing in a morning to get more if I like!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I bought the last remaining 2 at my local lidl this afternoon, shall try a bit of one tomorrow. Then perhaps go back first thing in a morning to get more if I like!
I doubt it will be an ''if'' ;)

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are still pretty high carb for a low carb item, so I even I like them I shan't be stuffing my face full of them!

Reactions: 3 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are still pretty high carb for a low carb item, so I even I like them I shan't be stuffing my face full of them!
@trinity0097 One slice of Burgen soya and linseed bread had a much higher reaction for me than these rolls have. With a filling of crispy bacon and avocado or ham and tomato my numbers only go up by just over 1.0 and most say the same...that the rolls have little effect on bg...worth checking on your meter of course but hardly anyone gets a bad reaction to them. I have one every day and sometimes 2 a day and have no reaction. Hope it works out the same for you

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I popped in to our local Lidl today - there were masses of the lovely seedy beauties.
Only bought 4 because of lack of freezer space.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do it and get them in the freezer :) I've got 14 in stock he he :rolleyes: