seven years in and just started testing!

alan lawley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
hi i was diagnosed 7 years ago and have just been given all the gear to self test. i am about to start injections with lyxumia after being transfered from GP care to diabetes center at local hospital. It appears that my improvement has slowed down, time to try something new.

Reactions: 3 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi Alan Lawley, I was diagnosed with Type 2 = 15 years ago. I was transferred to Hospital Diabetic Clinic a year ago to get me onto Insulin. I also take 4 x 500mg of Metformin and 5mg Dapagliflozin every day. About a fortnight after attending the clinic at the hospital, I attend the surgery diabetic clinic, because the surgery clinic: test my urine, check my feet, examine those areas I inject insulin. The hospital clinic weigh me and take my blood pressure = that's all.

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Forgot to add my point! I get better care at the surgery diabetic clinic.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Things are changing... Some GPs like mine are on PMS contracts and offer T2's the change to insulin if needed.
Without needing hospital appointments.

However. Our GP service as it is a PMS is now having huge amounts of money threatened by NHS England. If they lose this large amount of money then some services may have to be lost and this may include changing T2's to insulin (if needed).

Our patients will then be forced to go elsewhere (and join the queues at the hospitals??!!)

The GPs, even as a T1 due to other targets set by QOF, DES etc have to do the standard tests on urine, feet, weight, etc..

At the moment alot of GPs that took the PMS options in 2004 are having major changes basically forced upon them.

NHS England set out guidelines for these changes to occur and it included to keep Patients aware of changes.
There own guidance is not being kept to.

So just an advance warning... Some services may be reduced from GP Practices in the future. The individual GP Practices have to decide what options they have to take..and if they can continue offering certain services... Ours has listed swapping patients to insulin as one service that may cease.

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forum. I will tag @daisy1 to post you some information to read.