What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

paruri

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi like you I have anaemia,I have iron infusions via iv and blood transfusion when needed. Last one was a couple of months ago when my hemoglobin was 4.6!!!! Vitamin d insufficiency too, but I now take a supplement to counter act this.....no joke falling asleep all the time...Lol....hope you get treatment for them both soon......

@axle 222 I'm on supplements for both. Trying to modify my food accordingly. Really tough for me as I don't eat beef.

Good morning everyone. 5.6 today morning

Reactions: 4 people

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1438756393.783537.jpg

Well better call me Judith charmers
As am bu@@ered how I got it to this
Went to bed at 8.2
Go work that one out

Reactions: 11 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
5.5 mmol an improvement. I've been having bizarre (too high) fasting BS for the last month or so. I've tried everything , stop eating after 7 pm, more exercise , stopped statins. Initially I thought it was due to a heat wave but when that passed and my BS didn't improve I got very confused. Last night I weighed myself and I'm 10 kg overweight :-( Which explains everything I've been experiencing. Back to low carb for me

Reactions: 9 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting BG of 5.8 this morning after a 5.3 reading at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 13 people

Sponge89

Morning all. 5.0 this morning. Lowest its been in a long time. Time for a bath and some brekkie.
Do you guys eat almost immediately on waking or do you leave it a while?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to do what I would like to be able to do
4.9 this morning,happy with that.....have taken the daily steroid dose,,,....watch it climb by lunch.....10,12,13, without carbs,if I have any then .....zoom.......still keeping the lungs ticking over.....!!!

Reactions: 11 people

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@axle 222 I'm on supplements for both. Trying to modify my food accordingly. Really tough for me as I don't eat beef.

Good morning everyone. 5.6 today morning
Hi, I don't/can't eat red meat but find I can help iron deficiency by eating cornflakes( dietics clinic gave me that tip). Wishing you well....

Reactions: 2 people

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all. 5.0 this morning. Lowest its been in a long time. Time for a bath and some brekkie.
Hi depends on my reading, if below 4, then immediately,if above then after shower etc.....

Reactions: 2 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
I find I have to eat more or less straight away as I seem to get the shakes. LOL

Reactions: 4 people