Do I have diabetes?!

Helpplease20

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ah I just remembered, the doctor said my blood sugar was 3.6, just on the lower end of normal, but then he said your blood results are back and your glucose is 4 point something (6 or 9 I really can't remember) and he said I could go so!

Helpplease20

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you! I'm going to cut out pop and sweets. I've just done my bmi on the NHS calculator and it says I'm 6 pounds heavier than I should be, eek! So lots of fruit and veg from now on.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ah I just remembered, the doctor said my blood sugar was 3.6, just on the lower end of normal, but then he said your blood results are back and your glucose is 4 point something (6 or 9 I really can't remember) and he said I could go so!

4.6 or 4.9 is normal :)

Reactions: 2 people

Jo123

Please don't worry about your blood sugar, that all seems quite normal. Honestly I have children a little older than you and I would be totally unconcerned if they had blood sugar readings at that level. It is not even on the high side of normal.

Reactions: 2 people

Helpplease20

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Please don't worry about your blood sugar, that all seems quite normal. Honestly I have children a little older than you and I would be totally unconcerned if they had blood sugar readings at that level. It is not even on the high side of normal.

Thanks Jo x x