Travel Insurance Help Required

mkzp123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I am the parent of a six-year-old child Who suffers from type one diabetes

We have booked a holiday to go to Morocco and I am looking for good and cheapinsurance which covers children type one diabetes

Any recommendations will be appreciated

Thanks

Worm09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my daughter was diagnosed with type 1 in September. We have always travelled with insurance through our bank account (HSBC) and was pleasantly surprised when ringing them, as we were travelling to America in October that they charged us no extra for her.

stephsmum

I always use Diabetes UK for holiday insurance. Yet to need to claim so can't tell you what they're like if you're unfortunate to need to claim on the D side of things but I hope they'd be good.

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Travel medical insurance is important if one is traveling to a place where treatment is not covered by one's regular medical insurance. Travel medical insurance is sold by airlines and travel agents.

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My current insurance came from Aviva but I just google travel insurance and when asked say I have diabetes never not got travel insurance because of it. I have never claimed though so can't help on that side of things

samko

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
My 11 yr old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last August and we have been searching for a travel insurance as well. I had an quote from diabetes UK insurer for £270(one year cover for family of 4). The reason it is so expensive because my daughter was admitted to hospital when diagnosed last year.
I noticed the cheap insurers do not provide a cover for pre-existing conditions. Please let me know if you found it cheaper

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Travel insurance is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while traveling, either internationally or within one's own country.

Travel insurance can usually be arranged at the time of the booking of a trip to cover exactly the duration of that trip, or a "multi-trip" policy can cover an unlimited number of trips within a set time frame. Some policies offer lower and higher medical-expense options; the higher ones are chiefly for countries that have extremely high medical costs, such as the USA.

MonicaH

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
it's not so problematic to to get life insurance with diabetes. of course, should be made some tests and spent money, but i think it worth that. i suppose it will also be helpful during travels, coz nobody knows what can happen