IMPACT STATEMENT

Dippy Dora

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi all. I need some help quite urgently. Its a long story which involves previous employer, ACAS, myself and an impending trial whereby I have to represent myself.

I need to write an IMPACT STATEMENT. The previous employer has finally accepted that they knew I had diabetes but not the effect it had on me when faced with different issues at work i.e. not being able to eat in time to keep me safe and additional stress, heat in environment. Some times highs made me feel lethargic and sleepy and other times lows made me feel the same. The feeling of nausea constantly. The need to drink and eat in a timely manner. How do I make it clear to someone who doesnt have a clue about diabetes. I am in turmoil and the additional stress of having to do this is making things worse.

I could stop all of this by withdrawing but I want to stand up for myself. The employer was in the wrong. I was even told if they had known about my previous sickness record they would not have employed me. This was due to uncontrolled diabetes as the right medication was not found and I was going through different meds to see what and if any worked for me.

Finally ended up on insulin which made things much better. The sickness record improved 100% but then the shift patterns changed which then stopped me being able to have a break when needed causing a few very anxious panic attacks and feeling of passing out. My request to change back to the original pattern was denied. This was not making reasonable adjustments and I feel that this was detrimental to my health.

Please can anyone point me in the right direction because as you know, diabetes is a total conflict between symptoms and hypo and hyper.

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. I need some help quite urgently. Its a long story which involves previous employer, ACAS, myself and an impending trial whereby I have to represent myself.

I need to write an IMPACT STATEMENT. The previous employer has finally accepted that they knew I had diabetes but not the effect it had on me when faced with different issues at work i.e. not being able to eat in time to keep me safe and additional stress, heat in environment. Some times highs made me feel lethargic and sleepy and other times lows made me feel the same. The feeling of nausea constantly. The need to drink and eat in a timely manner. How do I make it clear to someone who doesnt have a clue about diabetes. I am in turmoil and the additional stress of having to do this is making things worse.

I could stop all of this by withdrawing but I want to stand up for myself. The employer was in the wrong. I was even told if they had known about my previous sickness record they would not have employed me. This was due to uncontrolled diabetes as the right medication was not found and I was going through different meds to see what and if any worked for me.

Finally ended up on insulin which made things much better. The sickness record improved 100% but then the shift patterns changed which then stopped me being able to have a break when needed causing a few very anxious panic attacks and feeling of passing out. My request to change back to the original pattern was denied. This was not making reasonable adjustments and I feel that this was detrimental to my health.

Please can anyone point me in the right direction because as you know, diabetes is a total conflict between symptoms and hypo and hyper.
I truly hope you rip them a new one ....and do please stand over them and laff ur head off, while they bleed out money

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How did you get on Dippy Dora?
I've been self-employed for a few years but due to extra family pressures and metformin and other tablets no longer working to assist my fight with good control I've had to stop having a client base.
I too will be having to deal with ignorance in the work place. I'm not looking forward to it. The stress allow affects my sugars. God help me!