Dario warning...

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just had an interesting experience here. Hypo symptoms had kicked in so I used it to blood test. It came back with a 7.2. I left it for a few mins then tested with an accuchek (I can't find my spare Freestyle grrr) and got 3.4. Tested with the Dario again and still in the 7s with the same blood drop. I'd recommend taking care if you are using the Dario. I'm not convinced it is that accurate.

6acba254d2a7427cdb9926df60a7576b.jpg

df51e05378dbc742b7cb7d944a73934d.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Paul_Bolt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've started to have the same concern. When I visited by GP, he just gave me another meter and told to report back in a couple of weeks with the findings. In the meantime, I am left confused.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Not yet. Need some time (and not a weekend) for the paperwork.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Right then - I seem to have gotten to the bottom of this particular conundrum. The bumf with the test strip packs (which have taken an age to get to me due to Boots not being able to recognise the packs they come in!!!) says that the strips should be used up within a month of opening the foil pack that the plastic pot comes in.

The strips in the Dario at the start of this topic were well over six months old. When I tested the new ones and the old ones (which interestingly come from the same lot - they've obviously not had a huge amount of uptake) the new strips were within a normal range (i.e. they matched my reference strips) so I am of the opinion that old test strips were the issue here.

And it serves as a warning that old test strips may not be reliable, so for once, follow the warnings in the pack... :banghead::facepalm: